Logistics Jobs in Nigeria – A logistics and distribution manager is to organise the storage and distribution of goods. As a logistic, you’ll ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. You may also be involved in transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods.
1. Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Job Type: Full Time
This role will lead the setup of supply chain/procurement functions and responsibilities in the state and support the Project Director/Manager and other members of the senior management team on the best use of Save the Children’s and donor resources.
The role will include supply chain support to programs with a broad spread within the state, staffing, thematic interventions, and complexity. As such, the role may include remote management, management of multiple field bases.
- Management of all program logistics; implement the country/donor procurement policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, and for the management of vehicle fleet, communication systems, and assets.
- Ensure that Save the Children/donor minimum standards of procurement and logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to throughout the program, briefing and supporting relevant staff as required
- Monitor and ensure that the quality of the commodities and other supplies meet agreed specifications
- Maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract this includes ensuring that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly to ensure that the project continues to receive uninterrupted services at all times and project performance standards are met.
- Manage and support state logistics staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Engineering, Sciences, Accounting with training in procurement, logistics and supply chain management.
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement planning and management in private sector/international organizations.
- Demonstrated experience of efficiently and efficaciously completing procurement of health-sector goods and commodities.
- Knowledge and ability to work on ICT tools for inventory management, logistics and supply chain management.
- Knowledge of completing procurement in Nigeria or FCV countries.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English.
2. Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction. The personnel will also ensure that close contact is maintained with Banks, Customs, Clearing Agents etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or it’s equivalent in any discipline.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in a senior Supply Chain role. Experience in an Engineering / Construction Equipment company will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Professional Certifications (e.g., CITL, CPSM, CPL).
- Proficiency in Ms. Office packages: Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
3. Job Title: Logistics Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Bridge International Academies is looking for a Logistics Officer who will be responsible for providing efficient and cost effective Logistics and Supply Chain support services to support the business.
The holder of this position will deliver high-quality professional logistics and administration services and lead the development and implementation of tools, processes, policies, and practices covering all aspects of Logistics and Supply Chain.
Ability to deal with hands-on issues, create effective liaison with heads of department and other key staff and management of various aspects of the logistics chain as well as participating in strategic thinking will be key to success in this position.
- Under the guidance of the Logistics Manager, Introduce a formalized and highly organized approach in the region to guide all distribution activities between headquarters and schools in a given region.
- Compilation of delivery schedules, route mappings, delivery tracking, and reporting systems to ensure on time and complete deliveries
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with procurement, operations, construction, training, finance, research, administration and HR departments, taxi operators, motorcycle service providers and other partners within the Logistics services chain to create a partnership that adds value to Bridge International Academies
- Negotiation of prices, lead times and other contractual terms with distribution and transport contractors in the areas the region assigned.
- Reviewing and embedding with user departments the specifications for various logistics services required for school operations and other departments
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years’ experience in the management of Logistics and or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirements
- Experience with Logistics management of construction materials in a large scale environment where both formal and informal vendors operate will be a definite advantage.
- Professional qualifications in Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
- Ability to present Logistics services feedback, policies and procedures to senior managers.
4. Job Title: Logistics Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Logistics Manager, under operational guidelines and leadership from the Project Coordinator/Program in charge and with technical Support from the Logistics Coordinator, is responsible, in order to ensure an optimal performance subject to ALIMA standards to assume is role in management, monitoring and supervision of all logistics support related directly or indirectly to medical activities and operations inside the project area.
Logistics Manager will act as logistics referent at the field level and shall ensure that all ALIMA/Donor Logistics, Supply, fleets, Stocks management, and Procurement procedures are well implemented and respected.
- responsible to ensure the implementation of support (communications, electricity, transport, IT) and any other logistical activities required to achieve the medical objectives (construction/restoration, water & sanitation, Cold Chain, etc.)
- responsible to manage and monitor the material resources for the Project, under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and the Logistics Coordinator.
- responsible to ensure installations and maintenance of functional office space and lodging facilities in the project in an adequate living conditions as well as all the equipment required with a support from the Logistics team at the field and from ALIMA Coordination team,
- responsible for the asset, Inventory, fleet, stock, Contracts & follow up, vendors and price lists management of the project.
- responsible to ensure an appropriate supply chain for the Project with the direct support of the Supply Chain Manager of the coordination.
- University degree in logistics, Supply, administration other related to fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Logistics
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset.
- Team management and supervision skills
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word
- Rigorous, stress-resistant and good adaptation capacity
- Communications and negotiation skills
Part Time Logistics Jobs in Nigeria
5. Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Job type: Part-Time
The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that all products are ordered, sorted and ready for the event staff. Additionally, this role will recruit and lead groups of volunteers to aid in the sorting of products as appropriate.
The weekly work schedule for this role will be an average of 20-30 hours with the potential to have full-time hours within the year depending on the Service2Go project calendar. Occasional weeknights and weekends may be required depending on volunteer groups and project calendar.
- Perform physical inventory and cycle counts to maintain accuracy.
- Maintain and update inventory records.
- Organize and sort inventory as needed.
- Order all products needed for upcoming projects.
- Track and manage the ordered product.
- Help develop inventory systems for future growth.
- Obtain timely approval of invoices and code and enter invoices accurately.
- Create and update volunteer program materials (job descriptions, policies, procedures, handbook, etc.)
- Ability to take direction and/or work independently as needed.
- Strong organizational skills including excellent follow-up and follow-through.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a matrixed organization structure.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive demeanor when engaging with volunteers, donors, and other stakeholders
- Team oriented with a commitment to fostering strong, productive working relationships with all staff, volunteers and the overall community.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrated ability to learn new technology applications.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Required Qualities and Skills for Logistics Professionals
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Calm under pressure.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Continually seeking improvement.
- Proficient in project management.
- Able to manage and release stress.
Logistics Jobs Salary Scale
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.