Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment for Entry-level Logistics Officer 2018.
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI is implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition and health project in Maiduguri and Borno State. PUI is now looking for its Health team in Monguno, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Logistics Officer ensures and supports the Field Coordinator in activities linked to assets, premises, fleet, security and motorized equipment use according to PUI standards and procedures in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- He / She works under direct supervision of the Logistics Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist the Logistics supervisor to ensure that the administrative documents for all vehicles are available, filed and monitored
- Organize the schedule of vehicle movements and drivers at Coordination base level
- Assist the Coordination Logistics Team to report all cars incidents and prepare the reports
Equipment and premises:
- Dispatch the equipment on the base according to the needs, and update the equipment list accordingly
- Make sure the assets are properly maintained and maintenance intervals and procedures are respected.
- Make sure there is electricity at all times in both Guest Houses and Office premises.
- Regularly inspect the base offices and living accommodation and follow up the office/GH maintenance if any (repairs, paintings…).
- Carry out maintenance and small repairs on PUI’s premises and infrastructures (office, stock, guesthouse, etc.)
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders
- Inform his/her direct supervisor in the event of an incapacity to carry out the work requested which requires the intervention of a daily worker or specialized technician
- Follow up the quality of service provision for internet, electricity, garbage collection
- Assist workers or specialized technicians if needed
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams under his / her supervision are cleaned and kept in good condition.
- Ensure the daily workers attendance follow up and edit the attendance sheets
- Ensure the payments of daily workers
- Ensure daily workers have all required safety equipment (safety shoes, gloves and glasses if applicable).
- Report potential fleet or security incidents to the Deputy Logistics Coordinator
- Follow up the security equipment (fire extinguishers, torches, cameras, radio equipment….)
- Understand and obey traffic law and regulations and sensitize drivers on their implementation.
- Prepare the monthly planning / replacement of Guards and submit to Deputy Logistics Coordinator for validation
Documentation and Reporting:
- Give daily report to the Deputy Logistics Coordinator about the progress of the logistics activities.
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to his domain
- Language skills – English / Hausa / Kanuri
- Education – Diploma or graduate in logistics, business or any other professional qualification.
- Work experience – Minimum 06 months with INGO
- Knowledge and skills – Team Management, Logistical skills, Administrative and Management skills
- Knowledge of procedures: institutional donors (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies …)
- Computer skills – Pack Office and any other software
Other required skills;
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
- Good physical condition
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 21st May, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply here for Entry-level Logistics Officer at Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment, Premiere Urgence Internationale Recruitment 2018