=>> CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Medecins Sans Frontieres Job Recruitment Portal – www.association.msf.org.
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1. Job Title: Health Promotion Supervisor – Risk Assessment, Zamfara Lead Poisoning Exposure
Job Type: Indefinite Period
Duty Station: MSF OCA, Anka Office
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Under the supervision of the HP IEC Activities Manager, conduct and supervise day to day health promotion activities in the lead poisoning program with focus on exposure risk assessment and mitigation within households in cohort villages
- Assist the HP IEC Activities Manager on the implementation of the established project Health promotion strategy
Risk Assessment Task and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and conduct lead exposure risk assessment for high risk lead patients per patient follow-up protocols
- Communicate lead poisoning hazard and prevention strategies with caregivers, community helpers and health educators
- Monitor and follow-up on reduction of exposure risk factors identified during risk assessment
- Document and catalogue activities and outcomes of risk assessment and risk mitigation to ensure proper tracking
- Train and coach all health educators under your supervision on exposure risk assessment best practices
- Liaise with the environmental team on environmental assessment, characterization and remediation of identified sources of exposure within the cohort villages
- Supervise and support health educators on how to set lead exposure control plan jointly with the caregivers and facilitate its implementation
- Ensure that Health educators and community helpers and the patients caregivers follow the established exposure control plan
- Assist the Health promotion and IEC activities manager in developing and updating standards operating procedures on risk assessment for lead exposure whenever required
- Adhere to strict MSF principles of neutrality and impartiality in all dealings with the communities.
- Supervising, in close collaboration with the HR department, the HR associated processes (recruitment, training/induction and identifying needs, evaluation, Holiday plans, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility
Counseling Task and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, support the provision of individual or group counseling sessions to high risk patients (lead proxy children) at house hold whenever required and support them to be able to identify actions needed to minimize the risks
- Ensure that all high-risk patients (lead proxy children) under go for counseling before initiation of the chelation therapy
- Provide emotional support to the caregivers of high-risk Lead patients whenever required
- Supervise, Coach and provide counseling trainings to health educators and community helpers whenever required with support from the HP activities manager
- Ensure daily debriefing with all health educators involve on high risk patients counseling
- Inform the Health Promotion Manager about any difficult or complicated case toward counseling
- Submit weekly, Monthly and any required report to your supervisor.
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
2. Job Title: Head of Mission
Contract type: Fixed-term contract
Contract duration: 24 months
Position start date: ASAP / March 2019
- The Head of Mission (HOM) is responsible for MSF’s operational response in the Country/Mission. He defines the mission operational strategy in collaboration with the Operational cell. He implements, plans and coordinates MSF programs in the mission, including identification of new humanitarian challenges.
- The HOM represents and defends MSF’s interests before third parties, according to the organization’s charter, policies, and ethics as well as international and national laws and regulations, in order to develop and effectively implement all the programs and projects in the mission.
His responsibilities include:
- Initiating and leading the mission-wide operational strategy; including country policy, annual plan, budget and policy frameworks. Leading the management team translating the strategic objectives into operational activities. Monitoring developments in MSF’s general policies and strategies and adapting the annual plan of the mission accordingly.
- Monitoring and analyzing the political, humanitarian and medical situation in the country and in the region. Identifying potential fields of intervention and determining response strategies.
- Representing MSF towards external actors (national authorities, NGO’s, donors, military organizations, media, etc.) to create commitment and negotiate terms and conditions for field operations.
- Integrating an internal and external communication policy for the mission to advocate for change.
- Leading the implementation of medical-humanitarian activities in the mission.
- Coordinating with other MSF sections to initiate, coordinate and develop short- and long-term strategies in-country.
- Evaluating the progress and outcomes of activities to ensure that objectives are achieved and reporting to Headquarters
- Being responsible for the planning and coordination of all human, material and financial resources to ensure the overall performance of the mission
- Leading the mission and its staff, providing a clear vision for the direction of the mission and bringing staff together across functional and geographical lines to achieve the mission’s objectives
- Managing, coaching and developing direct reports in line with human resource policies
- Implementing Human Resources-policy and ensuring that MSF acts as a responsible employer in terms of working conditions and reduction of security and health risks.
- Ensuring staff and management team are aware of mission strategies, ambitions and implementation plans
- Ensuring the associative character of MSF is reflected in the briefing of all MSF staff.
- Ensuring the internal and external flow of information.
- Keeping staff and HQ informed and updated of context and security related issues.
- Producing all required planning and program performance reports in line with the HQ reporting cycle.
- Being responsible for all security aspects of the mission.
- Defining and ensuring the implementation of the security framework in the country, in order to ensure safety of staff and visitors across the mission.
- Ensuring the implementation of the Inter-operational directorate Security Agreement (ISA) in the mission, both in spirit and letter, promoting a culture of pro-active information sharing and collaboration.”
- Demonstrated ability to identify operational priorities and to translate them into relevant and adapted missions, projects or activities.
- Ability to perform assessments/evaluations in any kind of context and formulate consistent proposals.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Negotiation, communication and reporting skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to train, mobilize and manage both international and national staff.
- Quality and results-based orientation.
- Analytical skill and strategic vision.
- Minimum of two years in management positions at coordination level with MSF (PC or other coordination positions).
- Or relevant experience with other international INGOs on HOM/Country Directors positions (or equivalent) with previous MSF field experience.
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential (C1-C2 required)
- Field-based position with visits to HQ in Paris and Dakar
- Fixed-term and full-time contract (24 months, 100%) with possible extension
- Gross monthly salary: according to MSF salary grid
- Social Benefits: health insurance and living costs in the countries of intervention and in HQ, paid according to internal regulations
- Long Term assignments benefits: extra paid leaves, additional return tickets, home child allowance according to family status
- Family posting: the dependents of the international staff member are allowed to accompany him/her on assignment and will beneficiate from the family package. Package includes individual housing in quiet estate including access to leisure facilities, travel expenses and 50% perdiem for dependents, school fees for children and allowance for break-tickets.
- Home leave ticket (1x year) covered by MSF for the international staff member and his/her dependents
- Ideal starting date: ASAP / March 2019
Salary according to MSF salary grid.
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted.
3. Job Title: GIS Specialist
Location: Abakaliki – Ebonyi/Maiduguri – Borno. This position has a home base in either location, with MSF-sponsored travel to the second location
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the mission’s geographical information systems and producing in real time, a spatial analysis of the situation in the field, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Defining procedures and ensuring the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the mission’s geographical information system. Liaising directly with the staff to identify GIS needs and developing appropriate GIS products
- Carrying out assessment and feasibility studies in the project to provide line managers with alternatives and possible solutions to challenges concerning GIS
- Acting as a technical referent, providing technical advice and oversight of quality and strengthening knowledge of the team. Managing training and skills development support to staff with simple mapping, Google Earth, use of GPS
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- The GIS Specialist performs all activities for two MSF-Belgium projects in Nigeria (Abakaliki & Maiduguri) related to spatial data management and the production of different maps and spatial analyses. Under the line management of the projects’ field coordinators he/she works in collaboration with all kind of coordinators, activity managers, epidemiologists, the MSF GIS Unit, and MSF partners. Contributes to development of handover plans to ensure MSF activities are assumed by partners over the life of the project
- Manage all the GIS projects and activities for the projects (areas of focus: Lassa fever, Nutrition, reproductive health)
- Produce and regularly update maps (base maps, epidemiology, activity, security, logistics incidents).
- Maintain and expand the data repository and related metadata; identify, gather and incorporate external datasets into the MSF repository
- Participate in GIS related activities such as Mapathon’s events and GIS meetings
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Education: University Degree in Geographical Information System or related field
- Experience Essential experience in managing data collection, entry and maintenance and in managing or developing databases.
- Strong practical experience in using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Pedagogical skills is a strong asset
- At least 2 years’ experience in specialist area
- Work experience with MSF, other NGOs and in developing countries desirable
- Desirable: two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs.
- Languages English essential (high level command oral and written), Igbo and kanuri languages desirable
- Knowledge Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
Application Deadline: 28th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application (Soft Copy) including Cover Letter, Resume and copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC Certificate/Exemption to: [email protected]
In Hard Copy to:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33 Libration Estate (after the Enugu/Abakaliki express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview;
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.