Media Jobs in Nigeria – A career in the media sounds glamorous, but what does it really involve? There are a number of different disciplines in this industry, so you’ll need to decide which one is right for you before you make a decision. As you can probably imagine, working in the media is fast-paced and extremely competitive.
If you can handle the pressures thrown at you, it can be a very exciting way to make a living. Media jobs include everything from local news anchors to Hollywood film directors. What they all have in common is that they help communicate something to the public.
This article will take you through the different types of media jobs you could venture into either as a part-time employee or as a full-time worker
Part Time Media Jobs in Nigeria
1. Job Title: Social Media Manager
Job Type: Part-Time
Are you passionate about social media and know what it takes to drive growth? Are you interested in the built environment? Do you enjoy being part of a dynamic and collaborative team? Sound like a fit? Then this position is for you.
- Understands social media strategy and will help to create a roadmap for growth and engagement.
- Will track and report on social media performance.
- Will manage to schedule for multiple social media handles and assist in creating content for posts.
- Has polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Is detail-oriented, highly organized and has the ability to meet deadlines and exceed expectations.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic small-business environment.
- Relevant social media and marketing experience or relevant coursework.
- Experience working across multiple social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps.
- Familiarity with social media scheduling tools (Hootsuite, SproutSocial, etc).
- Experience in paid social media advertising a plus.
- Part-time availability from June – September 2019.
2. Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Job Type: Part-Time
The Social Media Specialist for Cannondale plays a critical role within the Global Cannondale Digital team. The role has responsibilities across three key areas content planning, content execution, and analytics/research/planning.
- Assist with the management of all social channels for Cannondale; setting global standards and working with regional leads to adapt as needed.
- Maintain the social content calendar and manage daily posting requirements
- Develop and maintain strong community management practices across all channels
- Ensure Cannondale’s brand is well positioned across current and emerging social channels to deepen community engagement
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in roles focused on social media or content creation.
- Knowledge of Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms.
- Good customer service orientation and attitude.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
3. Job Title: Editorial Assistant
Job Type: Part-Time
The EA will communicate and coordinate with scholars worldwide on behalf of the editorial and publishing teams. Serving as the central point of contact on behalf of the editor, the EA will be expected to use technical and diplomatic interpersonal skills to meet the deadline-driven requirements of the journal without uncompromising quality.
As an administrator of the online review and notification system, the EA regulates the time-critical flow of reviewer assignments and correspondence with reviewers and authors.
- As an administrator of the online review and notification system, the EA regulates the time-critical flow of reviewer assignments and correspondence with reviewers and authors. The position will require around 15-20 hours per week, with flexibility on scheduling.
- Communication Theory is a peer-reviewed journal of the International Communication Association that is published by Oxford University Press. It publishes original research and review papers from across a wide array of fields such as communication studies, sociology, psychology, political science, cultural and gender studies, philosophy, linguistics, and literature. The journal aims to be inclusive in theoretical and methodological approaches insofar as these pertain to communication theory.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills. In addition, problem anticipation and solving talents will come in handy. Strong communication skills with thorough knowledge of English grammar, however, this position does not include writing manuscripts or extensive copy-editing. Able to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. While the EA may not be an expert in communication specifically, experience with academic publishing is important.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Graduate degree or coursework. Graduate-level research experience. Editorial experience.
- Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Candidate must be able to work in an office environment and either sit or stand as necessary. Repetitive work with eyestrain from extended computer usage.
4. Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Part-Time
Administrative Assistant to provide a wide variety of administrative and staff support
- Answering multi-line phone systems
- Receiving and dispatching service calls
- Data entry, filing, scanning and other duties as required
- Greeting guests
- Shipping/receiving items
- Other tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma Or GED required
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
5. Job Title: Administrative Assistant for Advancement
Job Type: Part Time
Administrative Assistant for Advancement is responsible for processing all donations to the university.
- Processes all gifts and pledges to the university in a timely and accurate manner, reconciles with financial services, generate pledge reminders and acknowledgment letters, process matching gifts. Creates correspondence, emails, and other materials. Coordinates communication and activities/events with other university offices.
- Assists Advancement Staff with special projects and other events as requested. Works with donors and other constituents to resolve problems that reach the office by screening calls and referring inquiries to the appropriate offices.
- Requires competency in skills related to office management. Must be able to demonstrate excellent skills using office suite software, voicemail, and email. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred with a minimum of two years of related work experience in a multi-functional office setting. Requires competency in skills related to donation processing.
- Must be detail oriented. Must be able to demonstrate excellent skills using Jenzabar, office suite software, voicemail, and email. Requires exceptional oral and written communication skills. Requires ability to maintain a very high degree of confidentiality. Requires excellent interpersonal skills in order to deal with public and referrals, media, and distinguished guests.
Full-Time Media Jobs
6. Job Title: Digital Designer
Job Type: Full Time
Be part of the team to develop an omnichannel experience across multiple platforms, including retailer.com sites, sundayriley.com, mobile site, and social media. Conceptualize and design original concepts for email campaigns, digital marketing/advertising campaigns, and social media assets
- Conceptualize and design animated banners, illustrations, motion graphics, and rich media content to engage new customers
- Contribute to sundayriley.com homepage, specialty landing pages, and mobile site, with a detailed eye for elevated user experience
- Retouch assets as needed. Catalog all incoming photography assets, and retouch as needed. Prepare low-res files for sundayriley.com and social media
- Assist (as needed) with print collateral, primary and secondary package design, renderings for new packaging concepts, and visual merchandising.
- Keep abreast of new social media styles and industry trends
- Passion for the Sunday Riley brand a “must”
- 2-4 years in digital design. Bonus points for experience in beauty or CPG.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- BFA in Graphic Design, Multimedia, or the equivalent experience
- Technology savvy
7. Job Title: Divisional Social Media Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description: Manage social media accounts and generate creative, original content on various platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for assigned brands and locations. Manage editorial calendars and outline monthly content plan including event promotions, staff highlights, new menu items, etc. Lead Marketing team in development, execution, optimization, and reporting of full multichannel social media campaigns to meet divisional and store business goals
- Post social media content meeting the weekly minimum per week / per location
- Assist the Marketing team in creating content for special events and edit promotional copy for LEYE newsletters, websites and social media accounts
- Develop, coordinate, attend and capture social media at events with restaurant management as needed
- Coordinate with Graphic Design and Photography teams to create digital and printed marketing materials
- Assist with updating websites with new menus, events, etc.
- Proficiency in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment including MS Word and Excel
- 2+ years of social media marketing experience including paid social strategy
- Some hourly restaurant experience
- Excellent creative writing, copy editing, grammar and punctuation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and change priorities quickly
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator & Google Analytics (Sprout Social a plus)
8. Job Title: Head of Public Relations and Social Media
Job Type: Full Time
The Head of Social Media & Public Relations is responsible for the execution of strategic public relations, media relations, social media, brand events and partnership programs as set forth by the agencies of record and the CMO.
Responsibilities will range from developing and maintaining strong relationships with media and influencer contacts to identifying premium non-compete brands that align with the mission to be the most loved lifestyle brand in the world.
- Working with AOR and CMO to develop the overall strategy and planning for social channels.
- Establish clear social media goals across all platforms and consistently analyze and track to against KPIs and objectives; collaborate with global cross-functional teams to ensure that PR and social media campaigns and concepts are appropriately integrated and amplified across all platforms.
- Responsible for overseeing postings for all US social media platforms.
- Expand social media reach, maintain favorable consumer sentiment, and engage with communities.
- Work with CMO and agency on all initiatives with a focus on CSR.
- Develop and lead public relations, social media, and experiential marketing programs that enhance customer loyalty via digital channels and PR.
9. Job Title: Social Media Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
This position is responsible for day-to-day planning, implementing and monitoring all aspects of our social media strategy to increase Autobahn Motorcar Group brand awareness, maintain and enhance current customer relationships/communication and coordinate marketing efforts to help increase sales. Reports to the Internet & Advertising Director.
- Manage all social media platforms (Mainly Facebook & Instagram) on a daily basis
- Develop weekly email newsletters for members in the marina and specialty ad campaigns using MailChimp
- Document marina activities/events utilizing camera, drone, GoPro.
- Produce/Edit weekly recap videos and specialty projects via IMovie
- Design fliers/other graphics on property level for upcoming events, contests, and sales promotions.
- Supporting the other marinas with social media and email campaigns from time to time.
- Supporting administrative staff when needed (answering phone calls)
- Digital marketing will all social media platforms
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Photography experience
- Video Editing & Video design
10. Job Title: Public Health Social Media Manager
Job Type: Full Time
This position will provide professional, social media communication services for the Child Welfare Capacity Building Center for States (the Center), in support of the Children’s Bureau.
Under general supervision, writes, designs and supports web-based communications and/or social media content to shape public perception of the Center and to increase awareness of its work and goals. Cultivates relationships with press offices, journalists, bloggers, opinion leaders, and the online community.
- Updates digital and social media with timely and relevant content.
- Creates informative and interesting web-based press releases, press kits, newsletters, and related communications materials.
- Supports the development and implementation of effective web-based communication strategies that increase brand awareness and customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with the Communications team to develop social media campaigns that help to achieve the Center’s marketing goals.
- Develops monthly reports on emerging social media trends that will be submitted to the Center’s executive leadership team.
- Monitors the Center’s social media accounts and offers constructive interaction with users.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, English, business, or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Two years of related experience.
- Proven work experience in web-based and social media communications and public relations.
- Strong proficiency in web-based communication and social media platforms.
- Experience with a web markup language.
- Familiarity with commonly used style guides.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and/or standard software applications typically used in a corporate office environment.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]ews.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.