Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Recruitment 2020.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In a disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps has worked in Nigeria since 2012, focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:
1. Job Title: Borno Agricultural Development Initiative (BADI) Intern
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2019/00063
Location: Biu, Borno
Length of Internship: 12 months
Interns Supervisor & Contact Information: Program Officer
- Borno Agricultural Development Initiative (BADI) is one of 3 projects that make up Mercy Corps Markets, Agricultural Livelihood and Livestock (MALL) Programme. The specific goal of the BADI Project is to introduce food insecure communities to sustainable, context-appropriate, smart agricultural practices and to catalyse the market for seeds and other agricultural markets in Borno State.
- Support program team in BADI project management and administration.
- Support the program Assistant in ensuring that BADI program works according to plan.
- Assist and support the program team in mobilization and sensitization of community members.
- Support in conducting registration and trainings to SHF and VAs.
- Work with program officer in facilitation of community meetings and engagement.
- Support the team in raising PRs and other Procurement process.
- Support program team in program file update as well as other duties assign.
Learning Objectives – At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Develop a working knowledge on program intervention.
- Understand process of program filling tree
- Attend trainings and workshop on VSLA methodology.
- Have better knowledge on Good Agricultural Practice (GAP)
- Increase knowledge on Farmers Business School (FBS)
- Increase knowledge on permaculture, sack/backyard gardening and hydroponics
- Develop competencies on program implementation and management
- Increase knowledge on extension services
- Complete all SHFsregistration.
- Training of Village Agents on VSLA methodology conducted and best practice.
- Services and items are procured timely for program activities.
- Ensure learnings are put to use for quality program delivery.
- Ensure that the program achieve set goals.
Ideal Candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of NCE, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to have a team drive.
- Fluency in English Language, Hausa and any other language is spoken in Borno State
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.