Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment for Communications Advisor 2020.
Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy for Communications Advisor… Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting for Communications Advisor. The ideal candidate should possess a postgraduate degree in communication, international development, gender or any related field. Apply here for Communications Advisor at Mercy Corps Nigeria.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps operates in over 13 states focusing on key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Advisor
Reference Number: ABV/DEVPRGGM/2018/00005
Position Status: Full-time
Salary Level: Level 6
Program / Department Summary
- The Educating Nigerian Girls in New Enterprises (ENGINE) is an initiative to improve learning outcomes and the economic status of marginalized adolescent girls aged 16-19 in the Northern Nigerian states of Kano and Lagos, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and the metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria.
- ENGINE through funding from the UK Department for International Development’s Girls Education Challenge, the Coca-Cola Company and other stakeholders supported over 18,000 marginalized girls to reduce education and financial barriers in its first implementation phase.
- In its second phase, ENGINE II will facilitate transition of these girls into functional literacy, numeracy and scale up their business opportunities and linkages.
- ENGINE II will further increase girls’ and young women’s access to (1) financial education and life skills; (2) peer to peer networks and mentoring; and (3) direct assets (materials and savings). Beneficiaries will be integrated into value chains as well as conduct other market-driven employment opportunities.
- ENGINE II will also work with girls in formal and informal education to increase their learning opportunities and outcomes to prepare them for future economic activities and work in the policy environment to provide an enabling environment for girls to flourish in their chosen pathways.
- Mercy Corps Nigeria is leading the implementation of ENGINE II programme with new and innovative solutions to scale up existing interventions to deliver quality education and skills to the hardest to reach girls.
- Mercy Corps will collaborate with other stakeholders at the state and federal level for the implementation of the ENGINE II programme, including the Nigerian Ministry of Education, Central Bank, National Youth Service Corps and as well as private sector actors.
- General Position Summary
- The Communications Advisor will work with the Senior Manager for Knowledge Management to provide leadership in all aspects of information management.
- S/he will implement the communication strategy for the ENGINE II programme including developing BCC/IEC materials, newsletters, documentary scripts and footages, advocacy guides, and other messaging required for various phases of the programme.
- The Communications Advisor will coordinate closely with the Senior Manager, Knowledge Management, Deputy Project Director, Policy and Governance Manager, MEL Advisor and other MEL team members to plan and implement activities that ensure adherence to Mercy Corps’ and DFID standards, including the use dissemination of programme materials to different stakeholders.
- Throughout the life of the programme, s/he will be the leader responsible for a) cross-cutting programmatic information management within the framework of the programme; b) ensuring that information is shared and used for continuous improvement of ongoing programmes.
- S/he will have responsibility for leading the development of high quality reports and success stories for dissemination and documentation.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision:
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcome.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organising actions & resources to achieve objectives and contribute to countrywide strategy development.
- Develop and organize activities to secure resources for programmes and convince stakeholders to provide support.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.