Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment for Consultant 2020.
Mercy Corps Nigeria Job Vacancy for Consultant … Mercy Corps Nigeria is recruiting for Consultant. The ideal candidates must possess strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of sub-groups.
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within, now and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps works in 13 states within the key thematic areas of humanitarian response, conflict mitigation and adolescent girls’ empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Position Status: Full-time
Proposed Start date: 14 June 2018
Workshop date: 18 June 2018
Reports directly to: Program Manager, TARE
Works closely with: Mercy Corps, Conflict Management Team
From the workshop, the participants should:
- Gain an understanding of the TARE programs’ agenda and be able to identify their individual and collective roles within it
- Recognize signs that a Young Person may be vulnerable to radicalization
- Receive a clear picture of the risks and threats both nationally and at a local level
- Develop knowledge and confidence to discuss grievances
- Gain a raised awareness of the key issues and how these can be tackled by all stakeholders
- Increase communities’ capacity to prevent violent extremism.
- Conduct a review of background literature on MMC and Jere Local Government Areas in Borno State, to identify specific training needs, requirements and expectations of the participants to attend the workshop.
- Develop training materials with close support from CAN and JNI and carefully adapt them to suit specific community needs. ALL training materials developed will subsequently become the property of Mercy Corps.
- Provide a selection criteria and a support guideline for parents, for a cohort of religious and community leaders, who will attend the workshop.
- She/he will be the lead trainer for the workshop for the religious and community leaders. In addition, she/he will give specific coaching tips to support parents in their local communities.
- The consultant will adopt an effective facilitation approach that creates an inclusive and learning environment for the participants at the workshop.
- Participates in the development of cross-learning opportunities and makes recommendations for procedural improvements.
- All within the contractual periodic, she/he will provide regular remote technical support to the participants, to clarify any approaches, procedures, and practices.
Basic Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of sub-groups.
- Ability to develop strategies for effective communication.
- Vast knowledge of a variety of P/CVE concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to address diverse groups and individual interests; provide feedback and listen.
- Ability to identify problems and work to quickly develop possible options and solutions.
- Ability to make independent judgement, critically assess ever-changing situational conflict dynamics and make the necessary referrals where required.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 4-page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements and location to: [email protected]
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
- All submissions should also include a detailed work-plan, proposed training agenda and budget.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.