Air force Recruitment Portal Login and Registration Guide
But during peacekeeping operations in Congo and Tanganyika, the Nigerian Army had no air transport of its own, and so in 1962 the government began to recruit cadets for pilot training in numerous foreign countries, with the first ten being taught by the Egyptian Air Force.
Consequently, the NAF was officially established by a statutory Act of Parliament in April 1964 to serve four main purposes namely:
- To achieve a full complement of the military defense system of the Federal Republic of Nigeria both in the air and on the ground.
- To ensure fast versatile mobility of the Armed Forces.
- To provide close support for the ground-based and seaborne forces in all phases of operations and to ensure the territorial integrity of a united Nigeria.
- To give the country the deserved prestige that is invaluable in international matters.
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air arm of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the biggest in Africa, comprising of about 10,000 personnel and aircraft plus 12 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, and 11 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, 12 Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano, armed helicopters, and military transport aircraft.
About the Nigeria Airforce:
It was in 1962 that the drive for the required manpower for the planned air force started. Simultaneous with this development, Government was in dialogue with some friendly nations on the possibility of training Nigerian Air Force personnel in various specialist fields.
Online registration starts January 12, 2019, and closes on February 23, 2019. Candidates that qualify after the registration process, would be invited for Zonal Recruitment Exercise, which would hold from March 9 to March 23, 2019.
Those who qualify after the Zonal Recruitment Exercise would be invited for Final Selection Interview Exercise, after which the list of successful candidates would be published for Basic Military Training.
The avenues for accessing information for public consumption in the NAF include the use of NAF websites, press releases by the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Officer Commanding’s, Director of Public Relation and Information and any other persons authorized to do so. Others are publications in the Airman Magazine of the NAF as well as social media.
NAF Website. The NAF website is open to users worldwide who have access to the Internet. The website presents visitors with updated information on NAF activities.
The NAF website is www.airforce.mil.ng and the NAF App in the play store called Airman News. There are other social media platforms are all linked to the NAF website.
The key items published in these NAF Online platforms are key NAF aircraft without mentioning the capabilities, weapons or other associated details, brief historical accounts of the NAF, brief resumes of key senior officers namely Chief of the Air Staff, Branch Chiefs and Air Officer Commanding’s and announcements of public interest such as recruitment opportunities in the NAF.
Press Releases by the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Officer Commanding, Director of Public Relation & Information Authorised Persons. The DOPRI maintains a cordial relationship with heads of media organizations and defense correspondents. This has further enhanced the positive coverage of NAF’s activities.
Press releases in the NAF involve officially written, recorded or video statements directed at the members of the news media for the purpose of announcing the activities of planned events for public consumption.
Publications of the Airmen Magazine and other Services Publication. The Airman Magazine is a quarterly publication of the NAF. It presents the opportunity of presenting NAF activities in a permanent form.
Copies of the publication are often distributed to embassies, government functionaries, sister Services and other security agencies among others.
Social Media. The NAF social media or online platforms are the NAF Facebook account at www.facebook.com/hqnigerianairforce, Twitter at NigAirForce, Nigerian Air Force Instagram and Nigerian Air Force Youtube. The NAF email address, [email protected], is also available on these platforms for public complaints, observations, and suggestions. The social media also presents the NAF with the opportunity of reaching vast and diverse audiences at the same time.
Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2019 form requirements
Below are the General requirements for the Nigerian Air Force Application:
- First and foremost, applicants must be of Nigerian nationality either by birth or nationalization and must be able to provide adequate proof of their nationality — by providing either one of the following: voter’s card, national Identity Card, national immigration passport, or driver’s license.
- Secondly, applicants must be between the ages of 17and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 17 and 24 years for tradesmen/women.
- Also, aspiring applicants must be medically fit as per NHS standards.
- All interested candidates must possess either of the following: OND (with the minimum of Lower Credit), NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate.
- Meanwhile, candidates applying with a Trade Test Certificate (including Drivers) are required to also have a minimum of 3 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including English Language.
How to Apply to the Nigerian Air Force:
1. Visit the official registration portal using https://airforce.mil.ng/
2. Click on the register link found on the homepage.
3. Fill all the necessary forms & upload all relevant documents.
4. Review everything before clicking on the submit button, since you might not be able to effect any changes afterward.
5. Submit your application and print out all the documents you’re provided with.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: nigeria air force recruitment 2019, nigerian air force login, nigerian air force news today, nigerian air force recruitment 2018, Nigerian Air Force recruitment Portal, nigerian airforce recruitment 2018/2019, nigerian airforce recruitment 2019, nigerian airforce recruitment portal 2019