Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment for Human Resources Officer.
Norwegian Refugee Council is recruiting for Human Resources Officer.. The ideal candidate must possess Advanced University Degree or equivalent in relevant fields.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1. Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Reports to: The Area Manager
- The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation, and hygiene sectors.
- The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- NRC is looking for a Human Resource Officer for our area office in Yola, Adamawa in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the HR officer is to provide Human Resources support to the various human resource functions in the NRC Field office in Adamawa State.
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Support with the Induction and on-boarding of NRC staff
- Implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Implementing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Provide advice on the incorporation of local labour laws with NRC’s HR policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, lawyers, Pension Office, Medical insurance company, etc
- Maintain up to date record of NRC staff statutory deductions & remissions which include Pensions, NSITF e.t.c
- Maintain and keep records of all NRC staff timesheet
- Payslip preparation for NRC staff
- Leave administration
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good university degree from a reputable university preferably Human Resources Management
- A professional degree would be an added advantage
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- High-level competency in computer skills (Microsoft Office Applications
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- Social science
- Office administration
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Some travelling must be expected
CLICK HERE for more information.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2019, kindly provide us with your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.