Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment for Graduates 2020 Application Guide.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
1. Job Title: WaSH Officer
Ref. nr.: 4120628167
Location: Damasak, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- NRC is looking for a WaSH Officer for our field office in Damasak, Borno State in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the WaSH Officer is to ensure the Implementation and impact of WaSH program activities in Damasak, Borno State
- NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. NRC is currently providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
- The WaSH Officer reports to WaSH Project Coordinator.
- Supervision of WaSH assistants
- Coordinate the WASH activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets, and plans
- Assist the WASH Project Coordinator in all aspects of WASH programs planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Develop technical specifications and bills of quantities (BOQ) for works for all water infrastructure and sanitation facilities
- Assess the wash training needs of the community and assists in the development of appropriate training materials and plans
- Conducts water quality testing and sanitary inspection at water points
- Provide technical assistance to the WASH Program Development Manager and local counterparts on issues of WASH information and communication strategies
- Assists in the establishment, and training of water point committees as well as monitoring their performance
- Assists in the compilation of weekly and monthly wash reports, program documents, project proposals, and budgets
- Ensure that procurement, development, and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the WASH Project Coordinator
- Knowledge of the context of Northeast Nigeria
- Experience with start-up activities
- Fluency in one or more of the national/regional languages (Hausa and Kanuri preferred)
- Higher diploma in Civil or Water Engineering or Public Health (BAC+5) minimum
- Minimum 3 years’ experience from working with wash projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working with social work and/or with the distribution of humanitarian assistance is an advantage.
- Previous 2 years of work experience in community-based Water and Sanitation programs; Work experience with an INGO is desirable
- Must have knowledge of emergency Water supply, Hygiene, Sanitation requirements, and protocols
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheets is required,
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, Arc Gis, and Google Earth is strongly desirable
- Familiarity with international minimum standards of Water and Sanitation delivery (i.e., SPHERE) is an advantage
CLICK HERE for more information.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2020, kindly provide us with your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any questions at any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply for Emergency Response Officer job at Norwegian Refugee Council, How to Apply for Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment for Graduates 2020, job vacancy at Norwegian Refugee Council, Latest job Recruitment at Norwegian Refugee Council, Latest Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment, Norwegian Refugee Council, Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment, Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2020, Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment for Graduates