NOUN Recruitment Portal 2020 | Application Guide – nouedu.net.
NOUN Recruitment Portal… In this article you will get latest update on National Open University of Nigeria 2020 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution and is currently the largest public university in West Africa in terms of spread and number of actively registered students. It is a recognized university in the Nigeria University System.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the vacant position below:
IMPORTANT! Currently, NOUN recruitment form 2020 is not yet out online, DISREGARD any form of advert you come across. This page will be updated immediately the form is out.
Job Title: Lecturer I (CONNUAS 4)
Departments: Environmental Science, Mathematics, Pure & Applied Sciences, Agric. Economics and Extension, Agric. Extension & Rural Development, Arts and Social Science, Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Criminology & Security Studies, Political Science: International Relations, Political Science: Peace & Conflict Resolution, Political Science, Animal Science & Fisheries, Crop and Soil Science, Hotel Management & Tourism, Tourism, Mass Communication
- NOUN, unlike conventional universities, does not have lecture rooms where students gather for lectures at specified time for specified periods. Its principal academic feature is on development of learning materials which students receive at their various Study Centres in various formats (print, electronic, digital) that serve as lecture materials. Students also engage with course facilitators and counselors in these various centres to facilitate their learning.
- Lecturers in NOUN must therefore be well published nationally and internationally. Publications must be by recognised university press,recognised international publishers or recognised Research Centres, both national and international
- NOUN does not accept ‘Open Source’ publications or Predatory Junk.org publications that are online and will not count them as part of the publication output of potential candidates and neither does the university accept self-published nor self-printed books and articles. Candidates who cannot provide evidence of strong schorlastic output in their academic career will not be shortlisted and therefore need not apply.
The lecturing position will be in the following areas of specialisation:
- Biodiversity Management
- Conservation Science
- Toxicology & Polution Management
- Environmental Resources Management
- Urban Environment and Development
- Consenation Science
- Desertification and Eremology
- Forest & Wildlife Management
- Environmental Chemistry
- Rural Development Planning
- Toxicology and Hydrology.
- Pure and Applied Mathematics (with cognate years of experience and publications)
- Genetics and Human Physiology
- Physical, Organic & Inorganic Chemistry
- Theoretical Physics
- Radiation Physics
- Solid State Physics and Electronics
- Medical Physics
- Geophysics and Theoretical Physics.
- Agricultural Quantitative Techniques and Econometrics
- Agricultural Marketing and Agribusiness
- Production Economics
- Agricultural Extention and Rural Sociology
- Business Education
- French Language Education
- Social Studies
- English Language Education.
- Banking and Finance
- Applied Economics
- Financial Economics
- International Economics
- Behavioural Economics
- Development Economics
- Health Economics
- Mathematical Economics
- Managerial Economics
- Public Economics and Business Economics.
- Criminal Lawyer
- Sociology of Law
- Criminal Justice Administrator
- Crime Statistian and Theorist
- Criminal Ethiologist
- Forensic Scientists
- Retired Security Experts (with Law Enforcement, Intelligence, Military & Paramilitary experience is an advantage)
- International Relations (with cognate years of experience and publications)
- Peace Studies & Conffict Resolution
- Refugee Studies
- Humanitarian Services (with cognate years of experience and relevant publications)
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Legislative Studies (with cognate years of experience and relevant publications)
- Monogastric Nutrition or Production
- Genetics & Breeding
- Pasture & Range Management
- Animal Products Processing
- Crop Science and Soil Science
- Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Hotel Management.
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Transport Management
- Geography-Tourism Management (with cognate years of experience and relevant publications)
- Mass Communication (with cognate years of experience and relevant publications)
Qualifications and Requirements
- Candidates should be holders of Ph.D Degree from a recognized University with at least three (3) years post doctoral teaching, research and administrative experience in a tertiary institution
- He/She must also have evidence of a minimum of eight (8) journal articles in both local and international reputable learned journals, plus registration with relevant professional bodies where applicable.
Additional Information on Requirements:
- Although NOUN encourages young post-doctoral and midcareer aspiring academics, only candidates with PhD degrees will be shortlisted for any of this position. NOUN reserves the right to demand additional qualities from a potential member of the community.
- NOUN will not appoint and promote at the same time, and will place candidates at a salary scale appropriate to their qualifications and experience.
- NOUN will not entertain any petition for upgrade of salary or adjustment in rank once a candidate has been appointed and acceptance letter submitted.
- All appointed staff are required to be physically and actively resident in the respective department either in Lagos, Kaduna or Abuja. NOUN does not have and will not provide staff housing.
- Further, all applicants are expected to be fully computer literate and comprehensively familiar with internet and online technologies of instruction, particularly as it pertains to Open and Distance Learning.
- Candidates who have reached retirement age or were retired from another service need not apply.
- In compliance with Federal Character Commission regulations, NOUN will consider employing applicants from the six Geopolitical Zones in Nigeria and reserves the right to ensure this balance in its shortlisting of potential employees.
The salary and other conditions of service are similar to what obtains in the Nigeria University System. Candidates will be offered position commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
- The post applied for and Department are to be indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for an interview.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about National Open University of Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020, kindly provide us your name and email address on our Contact page. Also, feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide via our comment box.
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.