Education Officer Vacancy at Norwegian Refugee Council.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Education Officer
Ref. No: 3813768673
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Job Type: Full time
- NRC is looking for an Education Officer for our Field Office in Mubi, Adamawa State – Nigeria. The purpose of the Education Officer is to Implement NRC Education programme in line with NRC’s Education strategy.
- The Education Officer reports to the Education Programme Development Manager.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tool, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Together with the PAA facilitate capacity building initiatives for Education staff on protection mainstreaming
- Lead in organizing and facilitating trainings programmes in psychosocial support, life skills, content and pedagogy.
- Lead the Education emergency team in developing training programmes for teachers and PTAs including follow-up and support.
- Participate in cluster trainings by offering technical skills and knowledge when required in consultation with the project coordinator.
- Develop and execute teacher support programme at school level together with Ministry of Education officials
- Supervision of Education assistants under your responsibility
- Implement the Education activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Prepare periodic status reports and other documents as required by management
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Identify and document key protection issues among beneficiaries (both Direct and indirect beneficiaries)
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Education degree or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience
- Experience in Teachers’ training
- Experience in budget management
- Experience working with community at grass root level
- Experience working in Ministry of Education system is preferred
- Documented results related to position
- Knowledge of local languages is an advantage
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Managing resources and achieving results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Communicating with impact and respect:
- Commencement: June 2018
- Duty stations: Mubi, Adamawa State – North East Nigeria with 30% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Duration: 7 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 5 Step 1)
CLICK HERE for more information.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2020, kindly provide us with your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any questions at any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.