Apply Now For OPEC Recruitment for Graduate Legal Interns.
Headquartered in the heart of Vienna, Austria, the Secretariat of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is offering a full-time, paid internship opportunity in its Legal Office.
The Legal Office is responsible for managing the legal affairs of the Organization and monitoring trends and developments in global legal topics related to the energy sector.
The purpose of the internship is to promote the participant’s understanding of the Organization’s goals and objectives and to help develop her/his professional experience through direct exposure to legal matters of special interest to OPEC. In return, the intern will provide assistance in carrying out the Legal Office’s work program, prepare legal documents and produce research studies related to these areas as assigned by the General Legal Counsel.
Duration: 2 months starting from 18 July 2016.
Applicants are expected to be at least in the last year of a first law degree, with knowledge of international and energy laws, and excellent English communication skills.
- Ensures and supervises the development of medium- and long-term modeling systems made by the OPEC Secretariat or by outside consultants and to co-ordinate for running the models.
- Ensures the maintenance of proper specifications of the models in use, keeps OPEC Secretariat methodologies continually under review and provides general guidelines for improving methodologies for the models in the Department.
- Conducts or contributes to studies based on a modeled approach.
- Responsible for defining the most reasonable raw input data for and running, modifying and updating the models in the Secretariat; estimating and re-specifying the equations of the models to increase their computational efficiency.
- Studies and keeps abreast of other energy model efforts developed outside so as to keep OPEC methodologies continually under review.
- Contributes to speeches, articles and presentations to internal meetings and international forums.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.