P-YES Eligibility and Goals 2020: Everything about P-YES Nigeria
Getting to know P-YES Eligibility for the year 2020; helps you understand and know if you will be able to apply and what you will need when applying. So this article has covered all of that. You need to carefully read through for you know P-YES eligibility.
The P-YES is a programme every unemployed youth should consider as it gives you the opportunity to learn skills that will help you become self-dependent as well as get paid while you’re learning. The scheme will accept the first 100,000 qualified applicants. So hurry up and do your p-yes registration now – https://applicant.p-yes.gov.ng/signup.
Who is Eligible to apply for P-YES
To be eligible to apply for the Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme, you must be a Nigerian male or female within the ages of 18 -40 years. This is the “Youth Age” as stated in the Nigerian National Youth Policy.
P-YES Recruitment Requirement for Eligible Applicants
The below listed are the requirements for applying for the P-YES;
- Applicant must be Nigerian male or female within the ages of 18 – 40.
- Applicant must show the basic capacity to learn and be teachable.
- You must have, at least, one valid means of identification (National Identity card, International Passport, Permanent Voters Card – PVC).
- Applicant must provide a Second Level Beneficiary (SLB) to qualify for benefitting from the scheme.
- Applicant must show the ability to communicate in Basic English language and or any local Nigerian language.
- Provable upright character and a stable mind.
- Applicant must provide a guarantor preferably a community or religious leader.
- Ability to secure the endorsement of a local government official.
- The beneficiary should possess the capacity to transfer knowledge and mentor pairs within their communities.
- Applicants must complete a guarantor’s form.
The Presidential Youth Empowerment Scheme (P-YES) has been conceived and designed to:
- Fight and reduce unemployment among Nigerian youth by creating at least 774,000 empowerment opportunities.
- Train and empower youth to have the capacity to empower at least one other youth within his/her immediate community.
- Create wealth among the growing youth population.
- Guarantee sustained income for the target group.
- Fight the scourge of criminality and drug abuse among the youth by empowering them to be productively engaged.
- Help achieve the financial inclusion strategy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Enhance production, productivity and value addition for new and existing urban and rural entrepreneurs across the 774 Local Government Areas in Nigeria on a sustainable basis.
- Consolidate and integrate youth development into the mainstream of government policies, programmes and the national budget.
- Build the capacity of the youth to enable them to take charge of their own well-being and future by building their assets and realizing their potentials.
- To integrate the youth into the Economic Diversification policy of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Contribute to GDP growth through the development of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs).
The P-YES Intervention targets to Empower Youth in the following sectors;
- Fashion and Beauty
- Food & Beverages
- Technology Acquisition
What is Expected From P-YES Beneficiaries
- Be productively skilful in chosen areas of vocation.
- Ensure the sustenance of benefits derived from P-YES.
- Mentor other members of their community.
- Ensure all empowerment tools in their care are properly maintained and utilized.
- Ensure knowledge transfer around their communities.
- The beneficiary is expected to display the ability to drive his or her business profitably with a clear capacity for growth.
Also, what’s your take on this? Drop your comments and view in the comment box below about P-YES Eligibility. I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, Twitter or Google+ share button below.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.