Pharmaceuticals Jobs in Nigeria – The pharmaceutical (Pharma) industry has different roles on offer to those with training in the life sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, and chemistry.
Key areas include clinical research, clinical trials, regulatory affairs, drug development, drug safety, business development, and medical affairs.
This article offers you necessary contents on different careers in the pharmaceutical field of life as it takes you all through diverse jobs you would likely find interesting as a part-time worker or as a full-time worker
Full-Time Pharmaceuticals Jobs in Nigeria
1. Job Title: Pharmacist
Job Type: Full-time
The Pharmacist shall ensure the overall functioning of the PUI Base Pharmacies and an adequate supply of quality medicines and medical equipment to PUI projects/pharmacies on the field.
He must ensure proper pharmaceuticals management (storage, distribution, inventory, and consumption) for the entire Base, both at the operational bases and health structures supported. The supply chain of medicines must be safe, reliable and documented at all levels.
- Monthly supervise the data collection (in / out, consumption) of bases and Health Centres and their data entry
- Ensures delivery of drugs and supplies to various sites/ facilities and appropriate use of the management document (inventory records, delivery notes, computer tools, etc.)
- Ensures first aid kits/pep kits are refilled
- Be able to provide at any given time reliable information on stock, consumption, use of medicines and health products for each project.
- Maintenance of temperature/humidity for drugs
- Bachelor Degree/Certificate in Pharmacy (Registered with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria).
- Significant professional experience in working as a Pharmacist
- Experience of working in an NGO/INGO
- Experience in team management
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Strong report writing and computer skills (must be competent in Ms. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive, etc.
2. Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
Job Type: Full Time
Pharmacy technicians work with pharmacists to help prepare and give out prescription medication. They take prescriptions over the phone and in person, work with health professionals and customers, help mix medicines, count pills, measure medication, label and give instructions for medicine, and help make payments.
- Full registration with PCN (Pharmacists Council of Nigeria).
- At least 1-year working experience.
- Must be IT savvy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Good attention to details
- Must have a pleasant personality and demonstrate the ability to be courteous towards patients.
- To reside close to, or around Lekki, Lagos.
3. Job Title: Quality Assurance & Pharmaco-Vigilance Manager
Job Type: Full Time
The Quality Assurance & Pharmaco-Vigilance Manager position is designed to support the timely implementation of all Health Products Quality related interventions and activities within the RSSH Grant.
She will support the strengthening of supply chain competencies and performance across the national, state and LGA levels of the health system with an increased focus on Quality Assurance and Pharmaco-vigilance.
She will support project-level PSM data management including performance tracking of key PSM indices.
- The strengthening of the PSM Quality Assurance system.
- The implementation of RSSH PSM interventions and activities with a focus on Pharmaco-vigilance.
- The National Laboratory Quality Assurance Team on Quality Assurance of Diagnostics for ATM programs
- Project level activities with National Drug Regulatory Agency.
- The development of guidance documents, concept notes, SOPs, capacity building events, etc related to Quality Assurance and Pharmaco-vigilance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or any other related field, a post-graduate degree is an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ field level experience in supply chain management within the public health settings.
- Experience implementing Quality Assurance and Pharmacovigilance interventions in HIV, TB & Malaria programs.
- Experience working in complex stakeholder environments especially characterized by multiple tiers of governments, variety of implementers, heavy outsourcing, Significant Donor presence.
- Experience working in government settings.
- Good understanding of Health Products Post Marketing Surveillance principles
4. Job Title: Pharmacy Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
Stock management in link with mobile clinics, Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave MdM office, Store drugs according to instructions and standards.
Realize the pharmacy stock management (in/out) at the mobile clinic, Calculate daily consumption for each item in order to anticipate any shortage and Do a weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy.
Under the supervision of the Pharmacist, the pharmacy assistant will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in mobile clinics:
- Stock management in link with mobile clinics
- Distribution of drugs to the patients and counseling
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Collection and analysis of weekly drugs consumption
- Experience in a similar position for at least 2 years
- Good knowledge of dispensing and medical stock management
- Capacities in team management
- Strong sense of responsibilities and organization skills
- Strong work ethic and rigor
- Languages (spoken and written): English, Kanuri, and Hausa
5. Job Title: R&D Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
The R &D ANALYST plans and monitors routine analysis of trial batches, validation batches, stability batches and preparation of reports.
He coordinates with Formulation team and QC to prepare the stability protocols for scale-up / Validation / Tech-Transfer batches And Compiles protocols, methods, validation reports, and stability report in-line with CTD requirement.
- Should have knowledge of ICH quality guidelines and Pharmacopoeia.
- Should be able to set the specifications for active materials, raw materials and packing materials, in-process and finished products.
- Hands on experience in handling all the analytical equipment like UV / HPLC / UPLC / GC / Particle size analysis / ICPMS.
- Hands on experience in Analytical Method Development for non-Pharmacopoeial products.
- 2-5 Years’ Experience
6. Job Title: Pharmacy Attendant
Job Type: Full Type
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Must be able to process and fill prescriptions.
- Monitor all drug stocks
- Handling money transactions, answering phone calls, and doing clerical work in the pharmacy.
- Arrange drugs received from the drugs store on the shelves.
- Repack drugs for dispensing.
- Cleaning of shelves and pharmacy premises
- Assisting customers to procure what they want under the supervision of the pharmacist.
- Minimum of OND/HND in any discipline.
- Must be computer literate
- Must be proficient in typing
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have basic skills in drug dispensing and counseling
Part Time Pharmacy Jobs in Nigeria
7. Job Title: Pharmacist
Job Type: Part-Time
The Pharmacist will be active and involved in every step of dispensing of medications and verifying divvyPACKS. The Pharmacist will be responsible for the proper dispensing of all medications filled at divvyDOSE to ensure the correct and safe supply of medications are delivered to the general public.
They must also adhere to all company policies and procedures and provide clinical consults to patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Review prescriptions to ensure accuracy and to evaluate their appropriateness of selection, dosing, and administration of medication orders.
- Perform DURs of patient profiles to identify, prevent, and resolve potential and actual drug-related problems as a pre-check before packs are made.
- Recommend alternative therapy when appropriate.
- Ensure medication packaging is complete and accurate.
- Verify any additional medications filled as extras to be complete and accurate.
- Answer phone calls from doctors’ offices for new prescriptions and transfers.
- Obtain a pharmacist license in another state as directed by the company.
- Strong computer and typing skills are required.
- Thrive in a fast and metric-driven environment that changes often.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Ability to solve problems and communicate issues clearly.
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
8. Job Title: Staff Pharmacist
Job Type: Part-Time
The Staff Clinical Pharmacist monitors drug development pipeline, and medical literature while providing clinical support for internal stakeholders.
Utilizes broad understanding of managed care and PBM knowledge to develop, and/or implement strategies and programs to mitigate cost trend and improve health outcomes.
Conducts analysis of drug utilization trends to evaluate and inform formulary strategies. Collaborates on research projects and develops proposals for research projects.
Develops corporate communications to be shared with senior leadership. Supports trend management by conducting an analysis of drug spend, utilization, and/or approval scenarios.
- Provides clinical operational leadership to build, maintenance, submissions, and updates of formularies and drug lists
- Ensures accuracy of formularies and utilization management (UM) criteria in the Centralized Formulary System
- Evaluates new medications and accurately incorporates them into Humana’s formularies if appropriate
- Researches and resolves member benefit inquiries
- Understanding of UM criteria for step therapy, prior authorization, and dispensing limits
- Partners with other functions to operationalize formularies and related products
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD Degree
- Active pharmacist license in the state(s) in which you are required to practice
- Strong organizational skills and ability to stay on schedule
- Proven problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
9. Job Title: Relief Pharmacist
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Description: The Relief Pharmacist works under the general guidance of the Pharmacy Manager (PIC) to assist in the overall operation of the site pharmacy operation.
Provides a contemporary patient-centric retail pharmacy focus by taking the time to speak to patients and establish high-quality professional care to customers.
Be a valuable part of a family-owned company who has been infusing customers’ lives with health and happiness for the past 80 years. Apply and enhance your clinical skills in immunizations, MTM, and travel health (at selected locations).
Assists in the operation of assigned pharmacy which includes providing exceptional customer service and efficiency in processing prescriptions.
Monitors patients to ensure therapeutic outcomes and minimize adverse drug effects. Consults patients in a professional manner to ensure patient understanding of drug therapy plans and outcomes.
Helps to ensure location compliance to all local, state, federal laws, and company policies and procedures. Participates in developing open communications between store staff and pharmacy department so as to improve morale, awareness of company programs, and support of company objectives.
- Degree in Pharmacy required (B.S. or PharmD).
Licensed pharmacist in a state where working.
- Knowledge of laws governing OTC drugs, pharmacy products, and third party plans.
- Knowledge of Pharmacy Policy & Procedure Procedures.
- A high degree of initiative and accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete work with a minimum of supervision under rigid time constraints.
- Customer relations skills including meeting customer needs and establishing an exceptional service environment.
- Demonstrates sound business ethics.
10. Job Title: Staff Pharmacist
Job Type: Part-Time
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs.
Provides pharmaceutical care to Customers, including processing and accurately dispensing prescription orders, counseling Customers regarding health care and prescription medication needs, maintaining confidential information, maintaining controlled medication and required documentation.
Models enforce, and provides direction and guidance to Associates on proper Customer service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.
Ensures compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for assigned areas by analyzing and interpreting reports, implementing and monitoring loss prevention and safety controls, overseeing safety, operational, and quality assurance reviews, developing and implementing action plans, and providing direction and guidance on executing Company programs and strategic initiatives.
Maintains confidential information, documentation, and assigned records as required by Company policies, and local, State, and Federal guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD degree, or equivalent FPGE (NABP). Pharmacy license (by job entry date). Completion of an ACPE Accredited Immunization training program (for example, APhA, Pharmacy School Curriculum, State Pharmacy Association sponsored).
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.