Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods Vacancy at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – Borno (2 Positions)
Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods Vacancy at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – Borno (2 Positions).
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peacebuilding and Health/HIV programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods
Duration: 1 year
Reports to: Agriculture Team Lead
- CRS/Nigeria, is implementing the USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project. Based in rural communities in Northern Nigeria’s Sokoto, Kebbi and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with the possibility of expansion to Northeast, the project is using a multi-sector approach to support 42,000 very poor households (HHs) through agriculture production, incomes generation, nutrition and community and government systems strengthen to support these gains.
- CRS/Nigeria is seeking Program Managers, Agriculture and Livelihoods who will work closely with the Agricultural Team Lead to deliver needed capacity building and technical assistance for smallholder farmers.
- They will lead the planning, implementation and monitoring of all agriculture/livelihoods activities, which layer humanitarian response with longer-term development.
- The Program Managers will support the facilitation of community mobilization and formation of sustainable producer and Saving and Internal Lending Communities (SILC) groups, and will provide support for all training activities, including the establishment of demonstration plots.
- They will be responsible for establishing a sustainable staple crop seed delivery system that services smallholder farmers, especially underserved women farmers in targeted communities.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.