Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods Vacancy at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – Borno (2 Positions)
Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods Vacancy at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) – Borno (2 Positions).
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peacebuilding and Health/HIV programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Manager, Agriculture and Livelihoods
Duration: 1 year
Reports to: Agriculture Team Lead
- CRS/Nigeria, is implementing the USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project. Based in rural communities in Northern Nigeria’s Sokoto, Kebbi and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with the possibility of expansion to Northeast, the project is using a multi-sector approach to support 42,000 very poor households (HHs) through agriculture production, incomes generation, nutrition and community and government systems strengthen to support these gains.
- CRS/Nigeria is seeking Program Managers, Agriculture and Livelihoods who will work closely with the Agricultural Team Lead to deliver needed capacity building and technical assistance for smallholder farmers.
- They will lead the planning, implementation and monitoring of all agriculture/livelihoods activities, which layer humanitarian response with longer-term development.
- The Program Managers will support the facilitation of community mobilization and formation of sustainable producer and Saving and Internal Lending Communities (SILC) groups, and will provide support for all training activities, including the establishment of demonstration plots.
- They will be responsible for establishing a sustainable staple crop seed delivery system that services smallholder farmers, especially underserved women farmers in targeted communities.
- Support the formation of sustainable producer and SILC groups within the communities
- Work with the local partners to provide technical assistance for the smallholder farmers
- Assist smallholder farmers in adopting new technology and other innovations for increased productivity, quality, efficiency, management, etc through tailored trainings and demonstration trials
- Support the process of community based agents in becoming Private Input Service Providers
- Ensure good working relationship between community based field agents and government extension agents
- Support the capacity building for the local service providers like tractor operators and mechanics
- Ensure implementation of climate smart agriculture interventions
- Ensure the implementation of SMART Skill trainings that includes group organization, marketing basics and financial education
- Support the postharvest training with emphasis on the use hermetic storage system.
- Facilitate farmers’ linkage to output markets.
- Facilitate farmers linkage to agricultural inputs (herbicides, fertilizer etc), equipment (tractors) and service providers
- Support field agents to organize farmers’ field days to showcase new production technologies
- Lead the establishment of demonstration plots with the CSOs
- Ensure establishment of a sustainable community-based seed production system
- Ensure implementation SILC activities
- Support capacity building for the CSOs’ staff
- Provide necessary mentorship/leadership skills to help develop adequate agriculture and livelihoods capacity within project partners.
- Support CSOs to develop strong working relationships with community and village district administrations, local government institutions, and other existing projects within project locations.
- Work with CSOs to deliver quality program and timely reporting of program activities
- Ensure alignment with other projects being implemented by CRS in the region
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in Agriculture or related field
- At least three years of working experience in agriculture, development or food security programs – including focus on at least one of the following sectors – agriculture, livelihoods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, training and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with participatory methods and partnerships
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills. Fluency in Hausa language is an added advantage as well as experience with northern Nigerian agriculture.
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions, policies and guidelines, including reporting requirements and Caritas agencies
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected] Title of the position must be stated as the subject of the email.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.