FHI 360 Recruitment for Program Officer, Special Project 2018.
FHI 360 Job Vacancy for Program Officer, Special Project… FHI 360 is recruiting for Program Officer, Special Project. The ideal candidate must possess BS/BA in relevant fields.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer, Special Project
Job ID.: 018201122
Job Type: Full Time
- Under the supervision of the Director, Special Projects or her delegate, the PO provides program management support and coordination in planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of assigned project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Director Special Projects or her delegate to provide support to and coordinate assigned FHI Nigeria project activities in accordance with the respective donor guidelines and regulations.
- Assist in strengthening systems of coordination across the Special Projects portfolio and assist the Program Manager (WAMERO), the various Project Directors or Project Coordinators/Project Leads in a back-stopping/support role as required from time to time.
- Serve as FHI 360 liaison to Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) on all Special Projects award with AHNI as an implementing partner and ensure timely processing of all sub awards, monthly financial reports and all needed modifications as may be required.
- Assist the Director Special Projects or her delegate in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets as needed.
- Assist in the review and finalization of donor reports in instances where the donor reports are channeled through the Special Projects unit.
- Supervise the work of implementing partners/agencies in tracking and following up on work plans, budgets and deliverables for each assigned project.
- Work with the Director Special projects or her delegate to oversee program related capacity building activities at the national, state and local government levels and for local implementing agencies and other partners.
- Support the Director, Special Projects or her delegate on all special duties as maybe required by FHI 360 headquarters and Nigeria Country Director or h/her designee.
- Remain informed on current programs and research across the broad spectrum of FHI 360 work in Nigeria
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BS/BA in public health, international development, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 4 – 5 years of relevant experience with international development or humanitarian program.
- Or MS/MA degree in public health, international cooperation and humanitarian aid, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years relevant experience with international development or humanitarian program.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Broad based knowledge of development and humanitarian programming in FHI 360 Nigeria current operational context
- Excellent analytical, critical enquiry, report writing as well as basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund, United Nations) as well as other Private for-profit organizations currently funding or likely to fund development/humanitarian work in Nigeria.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues on a broad array of program subjects.
- Proven ability to coordinate an integrated/multisectoral development or humanitarian project.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to represent FHI 360 in external events as maybe assigned.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent ability to work within and across teams and ensure cohesion in a multi-dimensional program portfolio.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.