Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment for Gender Coordinator.
Save the Children Nigeria Job Vacancy for Gender Coordinator… Save the Children Nigeria is recruiting for Gender Coordinator. The ideal candidate must possess a postgraduate University degree in Social Sciences.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time Humanitarian
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context, all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Gender Coordinator will provide direct technical support to the humanitarian mission to ensure the vision of Save the Children where all girls and boys can hold diverse hopes and dreams for their futures and have equal opportunity to make these come true are met.
- The coordinator will provide technical support to mainstream gender in across programmes in the humanitarian response in NE Nigeria. She/he will ensure gender is integrated into the results based management frameworks, strengthening and supporting gender equality strategies and facilitating gender equality capacity strengthening for field teams via training and tool development. She/he will not only ensure programmes are gender sensitive but aim to provide advice on how to make such programmes become gender transformative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In line with the SCI Gender Mainstreaming guidelines, support the development of the country office gender strategy especially for the humanitarian unit.
- Develop a gender mainstreaming strategy for the humanitarian programmes.
- Formulate key gender messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project objectives and initiatives, both short and long-term, encompassing a wide range of issues with a gender lens.
- Ensure that voices of children disaggregated by sex form the basis of all key organizational strategies.
- Acquire information and understanding of key gender issues in the country particularly in the northeast focusing on boys and girls (e.g GBV, Early Child Marriage, SRH etc) and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Build capacity of key programme staffs and volunteers including CS on gender.
- Keep a watching brief on policymakers and other key players in relation to Gender issues and identify opportunities to raise awareness and influence policy change.
- Develop a good knowledge of state and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision making structures and how to influence them working with the advocacy team.
- Provide inputs into systems for research, analysis and documentation that underpin evidence for gender-based programming and influencing at state and national levels.
- Produce reports, briefing papers and presentations for internal and external audiences, as directed.
- Maintain a strong relationship with other Gender-related staff across SCI
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media particularly working on gender issues and participate in gender working group meetings, which may include providing oversight.
- Represent and act as a spokesperson for Save the Children on gender issues various policy forums and advocacy opportunities at national and international levels, as directed.
- Write regular progress reports, including annual impact monitoring reports.
- Perform other tasks, as required, to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- The post holder will possess a high degree of analytical skill, political acumen, ability to facilitate change, ability to influence, build capacity and ability to communicate key issues effectively and convincingly to a diverse audience at local, national and international levels.
- A postgraduate University degree in Social Sciences with academic training in women’s studies, gender and development or a relevant field.
- 5 years post NYSC work experience with an international development organization, with a focus on women and girls/gender equality programming.
- Proven experience working on normative change for gender equality and adolescent sexual and reproductive health in sensitive contexts
- Proven experience in designing, implementing and evaluating gender-transformative social and behaviour change communication interventions.
- Experience in implementing gender-transformative approaches in humanitarian context.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting with minimal supervision
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Specific knowledge of international development and gender equality issues; experience engaging children and other community members on gender equality issues desirable.
- Experience building capacity and training especially on gender-related issues.
- Prior work experience communities across Nigeria.
- Knowledge of the policies, functions, structures and decision-making processes of key national institutions with regard to Gender.
- Local language skills (Ability to communicate in Hausa and Kanuri will be an advantage).
Skills And Behaviours (Our Values In Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Ccreating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
CLICK HERE for more information.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.