Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2020/2021 Application Guide.
Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment: Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world.
First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: Women Economic Empowerment Officer
Job No.: 200000CO
Location: Borno / Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people. In the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3.
- As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and / or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis
- The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Save the Children International is a ‘dual mandate’ organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work
- This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed
- As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
- To support implementation of activities that empower women to build resilience across Save the Children Interventions.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Food Security and Livelihoods Manager
- Staff directly reporting to this post: FSL Assistants
- Budget Responsibility: None (except on delegation)
- The post holder will receive a context-specific ToR for each deployment, which will draw upon the responsibilities outlined below.
Programme Support (Typically will be at field level):
- Support field level technical assessments in coordination with the FSL Manager and other SC thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments integrate analysis of children’s needs.
- With support from FSL Coordinator(s) and/or other senior programme staff, develop and implement project monthly work plans, activity plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall project implementation.
- With support from the FSL team and/or other senior programme staff, support with inputs in development of high-quality concept notes and proposals.
- With the support of FSL Manager and Coordinator(s), support project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities with quality and compliance (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans) and in line with SC quality benchmarks and SoPs.
- Working closely with the FSL Manager and/or other senior programme staff, support timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Working closely with MEAL and HR teams for the identification, recruitment and training of project enumerators and volunteers
- With support from the FSL Coordinator and/or other senior programme staff, identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- With support from the Monitoring & Evaluation team support the M & E plan implementation within the FSL projects, ensuring this links to project indicators, reporting requirements, and support capacity building of technical field staff in carrying out the work.
- With support from the Accountability Lead ensure accountability is enforced in all project activities as well as ensuring that feedback from children and their families is considered in project design/implementation
- Work closely with partners and their staff to ensure project activities are implemented in time, within available budget and the stipulated quality.
- To ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with Save the Children policies, the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for SCI and partner staff and communicate this to the manager
- To ensure all tasks/activities related to staff development are carried out and monitored in timely manner
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and support Interagency Coordination forums and other stakeholders, advocating for the specific needs of children. This may involve supporting coordination working groups within the IDP camps and host communities or target project sites.
- Contribute to communications, advocacy and media work as required through collection of data and information and sharing with the FSL manager
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
CLICK HERE for more information.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Apply for Ongoing Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment, How to Apply for Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment, Save the Children, Save the Children Nigeria, Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment, Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2020, Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment Guide, Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment Requirements