Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2019 | www.nigeria.savethechildren.net.
Save the Children is a leading international organization helping children in need around the world. First established in the UK in 1919, separate national organizations have been set up in more than twenty-eight countries, sharing the aim of improving the lives of children through education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as emergency aid in cases of natural disasters, war and conflict.
In Nigeria, Save the Children has been working since 2001. The early focus was on getting children actively involved in shaping the decisions that affect their lives. Today, Save the Children is working in seven federal states – Zamfara, Yobe, Jigawa, Katsina, Kano, Bauchi and Kaduna – focusing on providing basic healthcare and protecting children.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
Job Title: Translate/Transcribe Volunteer (National Position)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To listen to recorded dictations to accurately interpret, translate, transcribe and document on a database.
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: CRM Development, Support, Logistics and Coordination:
- Ensure a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback received through the voice recorder
- Support in aggregating CRM data from the field to a summary CRM database
- Support in identifying complaint and other feedback trends that indicate where the Programs can improve.
- Receive and respond to beneficiary complaints under the direction and supervision of MEAL Manager/Accountability
- Support in following up on complaints and feedback internal referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and respond to raised pending issues
- Translating and transcribing voice complaints and feedbacks
- Proficient in excel and word
Objective 2: Routine Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Education and Experience
- Minimum of National Diploma (health sciences, social sciences, development studies or other)
- Candidates must have at least progressive experience working in a related position in particular Humanitarian experience.
- Formal training in Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management, Core Humanitarian Standard, Data Quality Assurance (DQA) is an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent Listening skills
- Good in time management
- Must be detail oriented
- Good writing and editing skills
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa and English language is a MUST
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Experience in implementing CRM is an advantage
- Good IT skills is an advantage
CLICK HERE for more information.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Apply for Ongoing Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment, How to Apply for Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment, Save the Children, Save the Children Nigeria, Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment, Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment 2019, Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment Guide, Save the Children Nigeria Recruitment Requirements