Save the Children Ongoing Recruitment 2020 and How to Apply
Save the Children Ongoing Recruitment 2020 | In this article, you will get latest updates on Save the Children recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
Job ID: 190001CI
Reports to: Director Programme Operations
Staff directly reporting to this post: 2 – 5
- Strategically lead and manage the Child Development Grant Programme in Northern Nigeria; accountable for the achievement of programme deliverables and delivery of the joint log-frame within the consortium of Save the Children and Action Against Hunger.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Manage and lead programme related strategic liaison with in-country government, donors, consortium INGOs and Agencies. Manage relationships to ensure ongoing programme performance and technical quality assurance.
- Ensuring the programme meets or exceeds agreed targets, including reviewing cross-consortium programme performance data and programme management arrangements on a monthly basis, identifying and agreeing residual actions, mitigation activities and influencing consortium partners to ensure partner performance is maintained.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the technical team to ensure that the programme achieves technical excellence, embedding continuous improvements in operational aspects of programmes.
- Inspire, lead and motivate programme teams to deliver on programme objectives.
- Ensure that the Programme is appropriately staffed across Save the Children and consortium members, including the appropriate combination of expertise across technical and operational areas
- Identify, implement and improve accountability mechanisms for operating under commercial arrangements across partnerships and programme consortium arrangements including contract compliance considerations.
- Develop programme systems that are flexible and responsive to changing demands of programme implementation.
- Ensure that an effective monitoring system is in place for achieving prior agreed targets in relation to programme activities, budget allocations and financial expenditures, ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the programme
- Demonstrate and ensure programme implementation demonstrates high levels of commitment to Save the Children and our vision, mission and values in order to ensure the objectives of your role and the country programme are met.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children
- Ensure strong budget management and compliance and resource utilisation
Staff Management / HR:
- To directly line-manage the Programme staff by ensuring that they have clear work plans and objectives and, at a minimum, receive quarterly supervisions, mid-year and annual reviews.
- To have overall management responsibility for the Programme team. Lead and motivate the team to ensure effective Programme implementation. At a minimum ensure there are monthly team meetings.
- To monitor and support all Programme staff in implementing Programmes. In particular this includes ensuring their appropriate induction, training and follow-up needs of all Programme staff are identified and planned for with the Field Managers and Human Resource staff. Key areas to consider include; grants management systems, logistics and security guidelines, programme management, monitoring and evaluation procedures and guidelines.
- Manage performance of direct reports in the work area through:
- effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Build the capacity of staff to monitor/ manage grants and awards as well as understand and implement compliance requirements from donors, Save the Children and/or the Government of Kenya.
- Maintain clear communication with both the functional (direct) line manager and the technical manager to foster a smooth working relation under existing matrix structure.
Representation and Coordination:
- Regularly undertake liaison and advocacy with Government partners and officials and visits to field sites for donor representatives and other external visitors as required.
- Represent Save the Children in meetings with donors at Country and state levels.
- Contribute towards the dissemination of Save the Children work through publications (general, thematic sector, academic) in consultation with Programme technical Advisors
CLICK HERE for more information.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.