CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
Save the Children Ongoing Recruitment 2019
Save the Children Ongoing Recruitment 2019 | In this article, you will get latest updates on Save the Children 2019 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
1. Job Title: Gender Officer
Job Ref: 190001XD
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Permanent
- The Gender Officer will support the Gender Equality Coordinator to provide technical support to the humanitarian mission to ensure the vision of Save the Children where all girls and boys can hold diverse hopes and dreams for their futures, and have equal opportunity to make these come true are met.
- The Officer will support the Gender Equality Coordinator to provide technical support to mainstream gender in across programmes in the humanitarian response in NE Nigeria.
- She/he will ensure gender is integrated into the results based management frameworks, strengthening and supporting gender equality strategies and facilitating gender equality capacity strengthening for field teams via training and tool development.
- She/he will not only ensure programmes are gender sensitive but aim to provide support to make such programmes become gender transformative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Gender Equality Coordinator to develop a gender mainstreaming strategy for SCI humanitarian programmes.
- With support from the Gender Equality Coordinator, formulate key gender messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of project objectives and initiatives, both short and long term, encompassing a wide range of issues with a gender lens.
- Support the Gender Equality Coordinator to ensure that voices of children disaggregated by sex form the basis of all key organizational strategies.
- Acquire information and understanding of key gender issues in the country particularly in the north east focusing on boys and girls (e.g GBV, Early Child Marriage, SRH etc) and adapt strategies as necessary.
- Support to build the capacity of key programme staffs and volunteers including CS on gender.
- Develop good knowledge of state and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision making structures and how to influence them working with the Gender Equality Coordinator and the advocacy team.
- Provide inputs into systems for research, analysis and documentation that underpin evidence for gender based programming and influencing at state and national levels.
- Write regular progress reports for activities implemented, as well as support gender-related programme reports as directed.
- Maintain a strong relationship with other Gender-related staff across SCI
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media particularly working on gender issues and participate in gender working group meetings, which may include providing oversight. Perform other tasks, as required, to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.