Solidarites International Recruitment for Agronomists 2019
Solidarites International Job Vacancy for Agronomists… Solidarites International is recruiting for Agronomists. The ideal candidate must possess a University Degree in Agronomy.
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist
Location: Ngala, Borno
Beginning of Contract: ASAP
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension) – Probation period: 1 month
- The agronomist, under the direct supervision of the FSL team leader, implement and monitor the agriculture related activities, following Solidarités International technical recommendations, procedures (including safety procedures), schedules and deadlines.
Representation and Community Mobilization:
- Mobilize the targeted communities and create awareness about the project activities; make sure that the projects’ objectives and the selection criteria are well understood and accepted by the communities
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the area of intervention to know their perceptions of the operations and to understand the needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarités International
- Listen to the population and local participants in the field and report to his/her project manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Implementation and Monitoring
- Under the supervision of the FSL team leader:
- Participate in the identification of the beneficiaries of agricultural inputs’ distribution, in collaboration with local authorities and landowners and according to specific criteria
- Participate in the distribution(s), for both micro-vegetable gardening and main food crops cultivation ((input distribution, trainings, set up, maintenance, monitoring, reporting, etc.)
- Ensure the proper follow-up of the beneficiaries and provide them with adequate technical support during activities
- Participate in identifying the training needs among the population and propose appropriate contents and training support material for the training sessions and awareness messages to be disseminated
- Conduct training sessions among the beneficiaries and ensure day-to-day technical support
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of the activities and report difficulties met quickly to his/her direct supervisor
- Support the FSL team leader in the definition of technical specification of agricultural inputs and, if needed perform germination tests
- Propose relevant activity to undertake to his/her direct manager for the preparation of the weekly planning
- Participate in the monitoring of the activities in the field and data entry, according to the direct manager needs
Reporting and Communication:
- Use the monitoring tools provided
- Participate in the files archiving at Solidarités International’s office, accessible to the whole team
- Draw up and submit a weekly report to his/her direct manager
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities, including safety issues, to his/her direct manager
- Collaborate with the other components of the FSL department and support them when asked
- Training: A University Degree in Agronomy
- Project related skills: good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word.
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) – Humanitarian experience is a plus
- Languages: English (mandatory), Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (internal and external communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritization of tasks
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (CV and suitability statement as a single attachment) to: [email protected]. The file must be named with the name and the surname of the candidate and the subject of the mail must be “AGRONOMIST NGALA”
- No paper applications will be accepted
- Candidates from Ngala are encourage to apply
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
CLICK HERE for more information.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.