How to Subscribe for Craigslist Las Vegas Jobs – www.lasvegas.craigslist.org.
Subscribe for Craigslist Las Vegas Jobs – Are you looking for a job in Las Vegas but don’t know where to search? This article will guide you on how to search for Las Vegas jobs on Craigslist and how to avoid being scammed in the process.
Subscribe for Craigslist Las Vegas Jobs
Craigslist is one of the most popular job boards in the world, with millions of job postings. However, craigslist is also known for scams because jobs can be posted anonymously, so you might not know who is hiring and if it is genuine. That being said, you can find good jobs on Craigslist, but you need to be careful.
Subscribing for Craigslist jobs will allow you to stay updated on Craigslist postings. You can subscribe to a category or a specific search and have new job postings delivered directly to your Rich Site Summary (RSS) feed reader.
You can subscribe using an RSS feed reader, including the RSS-feed capabilities built into Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.
How to Subscribe for Craigslist Jobs
– Navigating Craigslist
1. Navigate to Craigslist’s homepage, locate your state, and then click on your city.
2. Browse the listing categories, and then click on your desired subcategory, such as “engineering” under “Jobs.” When the page opens, scroll to the bottom and click on the “RSS” button.
3. Locate the “Subscribe to this feed” tab; this tab may have a different heading depending on your browser. The rest of the steps depend on the browser you are using.
– Subscribing with Firefox
1. Click the “Subscribe to this feed” tab to bring up a drop-down menu. Unless you’ve installed any third-party RSS readers, your options will be Live Bookmarks and the Google Reader. (The Live Bookmarks may not be available depending on your Firefox preferences).
2. Select the reader with which you wish to subscribe, and then click the “Subscribe Now” button. If you chose Live Bookmarks, clicking “Subscribe Now” brings up a window asking you which folder you’d like to use. Select the “Bookmarks Toolbar,” then click the “Subscribe” button. If you selected Google, clicking “Subscribe Now” launches a window offering you the option of adding the feed to your Google homepage or Google Reader.
3. Click the “Add to Google Homepage” or “Add to Google Reader” button. After choosing your preference, you will be redirected to your Google homepage or Google Reader, where you will find updates from the newly-added feed.
– Subscribing with Internet Explorer
1. Click the “Subscribe to this feed” drop-down to open the “Subscribe to this feed” window.
2. Select “Feeds” from the “Create in:” drop-down menu. Click the “Subscribe” button to complete the process.
3. Click on the Internet Explorer star icon, select the “Feeds” tab, scroll down the list and select your newly added Craigslist feed whenever you wish to check for updates.
– Subscribing with Safari
1. Locate the browser’s RSS icon, on the far right of Safari’s address bar. Click the “Add Bookmark” option from the drop-down menu.
2. Click on the browser’s “Preferences” tab, then select “RSS.” Select “Safari” from the “Default RSS Reader” drop-down menu.
3. Place a check mark beside “Bookmarks Bar” or “Bookmarks Menu” when asked where you would like to receive feed updates. Specify how often you’d like to receive updates on the “Check for updates:” drop-down menu. You will now receive regular updates from your newly added feed.
How to Avoid Being Scammed
There are genuine jobs on Craigslist. Nevertheless, job seekers need to exercise severe caution when utilizing the site to apply for jobs. Avoid any job which seems too good to be true.
You should also be very careful about following up on ads which do not include the name of a valid employer. Always inquire about the company name before arranging any meeting.
Never meet with an employer at a private residence or questionable location out of the public eye. Genuine employers will generally be willing to meet with you at their well-marked corporate location. Ask for a business phone number.
In some cases, a genuine employer may not have an office in your location but will be willing to meet with you at a public library, or other public location.
Be very careful in cases like this as well and consider taking a friend along with you until you feel totally safe. It is usually a good idea for candidates to ask about arranging phone or Skype interview as a possible first interview.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.