Danish Refugee Council Recruitment for Supply Chain Team Leader 2018.
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy for Supply Chain Team Leader… Danish Refugee Council is recruiting for Supply Chain Team Leader. The ideal candidate must possess Bachelor Degree or Higher Diploma in Logistics and with relevant professional certification.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Team Leader
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Contract type: National contract
Overall purpose of the role:
- Provide support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of supply chain activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
- Upon the request of line manager, the Supply Chain Team Leader is to:
- To undertake local purchasing in accordance to DRC’s Procurement Policy and Operations Handbook standards.
- Ensure goods purchased are in accordance with specified requirements and match given specifications.
- Negotiate for favourable terms for purchase, e.g. discounts and credit, and follow up with the Finance Department to ensure payments are made to the suppliers promptly.
- Ensure goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location and/or person(s) in a timely manner, providing continuous feedback to the Area Manager.
- Contribute in finalizing procurement requests for current grants as well as assisting in procurement plans.
- Manage procurements ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC and donor specific policies
- Implement framework agreements and framework contracts for recurring and routine procurements
- Oversee the development of vendor lists and supplier registration and conduct regular evaluation of existing suppliers and contractors
- Ensure that all orders are tracked correctly and that order tracker is circulated to programme managers on biweekly basis
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals when requested and assist with the preparation of contracts.
- Assist with warehouse management tasks when required including ensuring warehouse documentation is maintained in accordance with DRC policies, overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and checking stocks levels.
- Initiate sporadic physical stock counts in collaboration with programme staff
- Maintaining of office store
- Ensure quality of goods received are in alignment with specifications in purchase request in collaboration with relevant technical programme staff.
- Guarantee live update of stock report and dissemination to relevant management and staffs on a weekly basis
- In consultation with Area Manager with support from the Coordinator, plan and manage the capacity building of all staff, in addition to providing support to programme staff on relevant procedures and processes.
- Assist the management on fleet and driver’s management including movement planning, maintenance of vehicles/generators and services and ensuring they carry the correct equipment
- Review effectiveness of existing fleet allocation system and provide recommendations for increased efficiency.
- Oversee the compilation of regular fuel consumption reports and monthly vehicle utilization analysis and ensure adherence to DRC’s vehicle policy.
- Ensure the timely servicing of DRC fleet.
- Guarantee all DRC rental vehicles meet minimal standards as described in the DRC Operations Handbook and country level safety SOPs.
IT and Assets/Inventory:
- Support the Area Manager to ensure that appropriate IT systems and support is provided to all offices.
- Oversee all tasks related to asset management including maintaining the asset register, asset cards and personal issue forms. Perform a quarterly physical asset check.
- Support and provide Technical Guidance towards the Field Offices
- Managing the merging of data, and regular update of DRC Dynamics ERP Software
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Bachelor Degree or Higher Diploma in Logistics and with relevant professional certification.
- Driving license.
- 5 years’ experience in supply chain, including procurement, logistics, fleet management, asset inventory.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of supply chain staff through the use of training, performance management frameworks and development plans
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management.
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations.
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages (Hausa, Kanuri & Hausa)
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Candidates will provide the following:
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled before the deadline.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- DRC Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
Application Deadline: 2nd July, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google +
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.