Danish Refugee Council Recruitment for Support Services Officer 2019.
Danish Refugee Council Job Vacancy for Support Services Officer… Danish Refugee Council is recruiting for Support Services Officer. The ideal candidate must possess Bachelor Degree or Higher Diploma in Logistics and with relevant professional certification.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Support Services Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Contract Type: National Contract
Overall Purpose of the Role
- Provide support to DRC field programmes by undertaking technical and practical tasks to ensure the smooth, safe and efficient operation of supply chain and or support activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual, with adherence to donor guidelines..
Fleet Management, as delegated by the Support Services Officer:
- Ensure vehicle/s are properly cleaned, roadworthy and utilized as per the organization’s polices, maintaining and checking all documentation.
- Ensure that the allocation of vehicle/s and driver/s is done in an effective manner, in response to authorized transportation requests.
- Ensure issues related to maintenance are reported immediately to the AM or to the Support Services Officer and to owner of the vehicle if hired.
- Ensure copies of all Logbooks, Maintenance Reports, Fuel Reports and Mileage Reports exist in appropriate files for each month and all data is captured and reported.
- Ensure fuel for vehicles and generators is well managed following DRC procedures.
Assets and Supply Management:
- Maintain the records of Assets, Equipment for the field office in line with the Assets recording system for the country programme.
- Ensure that the assets that are issued to staff are authorized, recorded and necessary paperwork exists as per the DRC policy.
- Ensure that all assets are properly maintained and looked after. Any misuse and abuse is reported to the AM and the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Ensure day to day management of building, properties and supplies to ensure they are safe and in sufficient, properly resupplied, and in good working order for use by field staff.
Inventories and Stock Management:
- To provide assistance if required to the Warehouse Assistant and Supply Chain Officer in the field to assure that the stock items are properly stored and correctly recorded as per the guidelines and the warehouse/stores are well maintained.
Power Systems Management:
- Ensure all power generation equipment, electric appliances and power systems are well maintained
- Ensure issues related to power systems are timely reported and solutions are sought under the guidance of the Area Manager / Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Monthly reports of use and maintenance are produced and submitted to the Area Manager and Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Assist the Support Services Officer to arrange for transportation of goods as required and ensure accurate documentation maintained.
- Ensure coordination of the Staff movements from the field base to Maiduguri through UNHAS Flight
- Arrange for the distribution of programme supplies as per plan and coordinate with programme teams.
Safety and Security:
- Ensure that DRC Safety Protocol and SoPs are observed and respected.
- Ensure the implementation of the evacuation plan in case of need.
- Ensure that First Aid Kit and Hibernation kit are available up to standard.
- Ensure the daily communication with DRC Safety Department.
- Ensure daily communication to other managers and UNHAS flight focal point to ensure all staff are aware of flight times and are well-prepared.
- Communicate and act as focal point in the event of an incident or urgent situation.
General Work and Filing:
- Implement standard DRC supply chain systems and procedures
- Ensure health and safety policy is implemented and matters related to are reported to the designated responsible manager.
- Provide technical inputs on procurements related to vehicles, generators & power systems and other technical items required for supply chain operations.
- Ensure all paper work is kept according to DRC’s policies and procedures of and filed neatly with supporting documents in respective files.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by line manager, where they do contradict the organization’s policies.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain with relevant professional certification.
- Driving license.
- 2-3 years’ experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory.
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Willing to be based in Field location or rove between bases
- Understanding and experience of security management.
- Experience from working in an (I)NGO
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages (Hausa, Kanuri & Hausa)
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.