Technical Officer, M & E Vacancy at Catholic Relief Services (CRS).
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established its presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on agriculture, governance, peacebuilding and Health/HIV programming.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer, M & E
Duration: 1 year
Reports to: MEAL Manager
- CRS/Nigeria, is implementing the USAID Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project. Based in rural communities in Northern Nigeria’s Sokoto, Kebbi and Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with the possibility of expansion to Northeast, the project is using a multi-sector approach to support 42,000 very poor households (HHs) through agriculture production, incomes generation, nutrition and community and government systems strengthen to support these gains.
- The Technical Officer (M&E) will ensure adequate capturing/documentation of data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts based on the project proposal, implementation/M&E plan, and donor reporting requirements.
- S/he will work with partners and state teams to maintain reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- S/he will be based in Borno and will conduct periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to partners and communities.
- The position will report to the MEAL Manager.
- Implement the system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts based on the project proposal, implementation/M&E plan, and donor reporting requirements
- Ensure an effective M&E data collection and reporting system with all partners through mentorship, on the job training, site visits and other technical support as needed. Ensure systems are well understood and properly implemented by all partners.
- Work with partners and state teams to maintain reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support the conduct of periodic supportive supervision and Data Quality Assessment visits to partners, and communities
- Facilitate the sharing of information obtained from partners and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism.
- Support partners in the management and use of ICT4D devices
- Ensure programming is aligned to targets and indicators contained in project proposal
- Provide on-going support to partners, and communities to maintain M&E systems; identify skill gaps that can be addressed in subsequent trainings, supervisory or mentoring visits.
- Analyze information about the program and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare and submit monthly M&E activity reports in ensuring utmost quality
- Support the update of project database routinely as may be required
- Assist MEAL Manager in carrying out specific training, support, and other capacity building activities in routine and specifically designed data management.
- Support the dissemination of quality data for decision making and feedback through regular information sharing with stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Support the evaluation and other research activities during the implementation of the project.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the MEAL Manager/Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Behavioral or Social Sciences.
- At least three years of working experience in M &E
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in other statistical package (SPSS) will be of advantage
- Understanding of faith-based organizations and capacity-building in local partnerships
- Experience in staff development and partner capacity
- Understanding of U.S Government grant provisions, policies and guidelines, including reporting requirements and Caritas agencies
- Fluency in Hausa language is desirable
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Application Closing Date
21st December, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form Below” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected] Title of the position must be stated as the subject of the email.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.