UNESCO Internship Programme 2017 – https://en.unesco.org/careers/internships/.
The UNESCO Internship Programme offers you practical work in one of UNESCO’s priority areas. Aside from helping you understand the Organization’s mandate, programmes, and main thrusts, it also enhances your academic knowledge with relevant work assignments that can help you prepare for your future career.
If you are planning to embark on a career in the field of education, science, or culture, then an internship at UNESCO will be ideal for you.
UNESCO Internship Programme 2017
Who can apply?
You can apply for an internship if you fall under any of the following:
- Student currently enrolled in a bachelor or postgraduate degree in any of the following fields:
- Communication and Information
- Social and Human Sciences
- Human Resources
- Management Studies
- International Relations
- Student enrolled in a technical, secretarial, or vocational school. You need to have reached your last year of studies.
- Recent graduate who has graduated from a university or a vocational/technical institution within the last 12 months prior to your application.
- You have completed at least 3 years of full-time studies in a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree.
What are the requirements?
- Age: You must be at least 20 years old to apply.
- Languages: You should have an excellent command, both written and spoken, of English or French. A working knowledge of the other language (English or French) is an asset, and may be required for internships in secretarial and assistantship assignments at the headquarters.
- Computer skills: You must have an excellent knowledge of computer systems and office-related software.
- Team player: You should be able to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment.
- Communication skills: You should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
What do you need to prepare?
- Visa: You should obtain any necessary visas.
- Travel: You must arrange and finance your travel to the location where you will undertake your internship.
- Medical insurance: You must show proof of a comprehensive health insurance valid in the country where you will undertake your internship and for the entire period of the internship. UNESCO will only provide limited insurance coverage up to USD 30,000 against risk of illness, disability, or death during the internship period.
- Medical certificate: Before the beginning of your internship, you must provide a medical certificate indicating you are fit to work.
- ID/Certificate of Enrolment/Diploma (if you have just recently graduated)
- Have your motivation letter and résumé ready before filling out the application form. You only have one hour to finish the process.
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- You can only use either English or French in applying.
- You are allowed to submit only one application.
- The duration of an internship generally ranges between 2 and 6 months.
- UNESCO does not remunerate interns. There is no compensation, financial or otherwise for internship assignments.
- Even if you are eligible, there is no guarantee of placement. We receive more applications from qualified candidates than we can place.
- Your application will be accessed by UNESCO managers around the world and will stay in our database for a period of six months.
- We do not respond to each and every candidate. If selected, you will be directly contacted by the manager. If you do not receive any update within six months, it means that your application has not been successful.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates wishing to start their internships in January 2017,
please submit your application to the new Internship Portal.
For more information, visit https://en.unesco.org/careers/internships/
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.