UNICEF Job For An Immunization Specialist 2020 – Apply Now.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU).
The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
UNICEF is responsible for the implementation of Component 2 of the programme, namely ‘to increase access to reporting mechanisms and protective services for girls and women affected by human rights abuses, including gender-based violence, in 3 states of northern Nigeria”.
This will entail enhancing avenues for reporting of child rights violation and Gender-Based Violence in Plateau and Gombe States, strengthening access to and quality of services for children and women who have experienced violence (including gender-based violence (GBV), abuse, neglect and exploitation and strengthening the information management system for collecting data on violations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Immunization Specialist, NO-C
Job Number: 494365
Location: Kaduna, Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
- Immunization (EPI) Specialist is accountable for professional leadership in and contribution to the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and administration of the Immunization programme in conjunction with Child Survival and Development, Maternal and Child Health, Health and Nutrition components within the country programme, to achieve the UNICEF’s immunization plus goals and objectives for the country.
- Accountable for ensuring that the UNICEF Immunization programme promotes gender equality, with an emphasis on gender disaggregation, gender disparity identification and gender mainstreaming.
Key Expected Results
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management.
- Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partnership.
- UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector.
- Effective partnership and collaboration achieved and maintained for advocacy, technical cooperation, programme coordination, information sharing and knowledge networking.
- The most relevant and strategic information is provided to support the Immunization Programme by the effective implementation of integrated child survival monitoring system.
- All required programme reports are timely prepared in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
- Emergency preparedness is maintained, and in emergencies, emergency responses with effective coordination are provided.
- Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong technical leadership.
- Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Gender/sex disaggregated data and inputs relevant to the Immunization Programme provided.
- Technical support is provided to government and NGOs at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
- The capacities of Country Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Immunization programme.
- Other assigned duties and responsibilities are effectively performed.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management:
- Contributes towards the preparation of the Situation Analysis by compiling, analysing and evaluating information and providing the technical input.
- Ensures the preparation of the Situation Analysis relative to Immunization (EPI) interventions in the country and its periodic update.
- Prepares sectoral input to the Country Programme Document, and all related documents (e.g., Plan of Operations, Project Plans of Action, Country Programme Summary Sheet, Programme Summary Sheet) of the Immunization Programme.
CLICK HERE for more information.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2020, kindly provide us with your phone number and Email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.