UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply Online.
UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2018
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – In September 2014 UNICEF began implementing a joint programme with UN Women on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) funded by the European Union (EU). The programme will support the Nigerian Government (Federal level), three Northern Nigerian States namely Adamawa, Gombe and Plateau and selected Local Government Areas (LGAs) to strengthen women’s leadership, advance gender equality and improve protection for women and children in conflict settings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Specialist, P-4, Talent Group
How Can You Make A Difference
You will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring communications and advocacy strategies and related initiatives to improve the rights, survival and wellbeing of the most disadvantaged children.
- Develop and manage advocacy and communications strategies, activities and work plans related to UNICEF’s programmatic areas.
- Develop and build relationships with key journalists and other influencers and acts as a spokesperson to help put children on the top of the public agenda.
- Develop communication and media materials, including media and public engagement plans.
- Create guidance and tools to implement communications and public advocacy activities and measure their effectiveness.
- Collaborate with colleagues across sections and offices to establish UNICEF’s leadership role in advocacy and communication.
- Manage and oversee the execution of digital initiatives as well as monitoring and analysis of digital trends and their impact on UNICEF’s brand.
- Identify new opportunities and innovative practices on the use of multiple media and social and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, including youth and community advocates and other influencers to advance UNICEF’s mission.Identify, build and maintain partnerships and influence agenda setting for resource mobilization initiatives, including during emergencies.
UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment Requirements
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have the following:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s) in Communication, Journalism, Public Information, Public Relations, Marketing, Branding and Social Sciences or a directly related field(s);
- Readiness to be assigned to any UNICEF office worldwide, including non-family and emergency duty stations;
- Good understanding of world affairs, current events and development issues;
- A minimum of eight years of progressive, relevant work experience in communication, media, advocacy and/or digital media role, including in international/multicultural settings;
- Experience in humanitarian emergency and conflict settings is desirable.
- Proficiency in English (written & verbal) and working knowledge (intermediate) of another official language of the United Nations (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish);
- Prior knowledge of working for the United Nations or international aid organizations is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate:
- Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- International Professional Staff Members are expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply for UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 9th January, 2018
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about UNICEF Nigeria Recruitment 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.