United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Recruitment for Associate Reporting Officers 2016 | Click here to Apply
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Recruitment for Associate Reporting Officers 2016 | Click here to Apply.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) – For over 65 years, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has been protecting the rights and well-being of refugees all over the world.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria wishes to engage the services of an Executive Assistant in its Abuja Office on a fixed term basis. Hence we are currently seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Reporting Officer
Job ID: #1890469
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Nigeria wishes to engage the services of an Associate Reporting Officer in its Maiduguri Office on a temporary basis.
- Under the general guidance and support from the Head of Office, Associate Reporting Officer should be able to work under minimum supervision, be creative and innovative.
- Guidance may also be given by the various specialized units in the office including the External Relations unit in UNHCR Abuja.
- Keep abreast with all developments in the activity to prepare appropriate briefings and reports;
- Assist the office in consolidating and analysing data on programme implementation and indicators (nutrition, health, watsan) in order to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports, i.e. Sitreps, activity-specific reports as may be required;
- Prepare and distribute minutes of the co-ordination meetings that are held periodically in the country of assignment;
- Meet and brief visitors on all UNHCR activities, where necessary together with appropriate specialist/ programme officers;
- Draft press reports, booklets, etc.
- Assist in presenting accurate and attractive data presentation on the maps;
- Maintain working relationships with the Government, NGOs, and UN agencies to develop cooperation in inter-related activities;
- Perform other duties as required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in Journalism, Law or related fields;
- Minimum 4 years of previous job experience relevant to the function, Excellent computer skills, in particular in MS Office applications
- Desirable Qualifications and Competencies
- Knowledge of UNHCR programmes and activities;
- Drafting skills;
- Experience in dealing with the public;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English with working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language is essential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application/letter of motivation, resume and fully completed UN Personal History Form (P11) and send via email ONLY to: [email protected] quoting in the subject line the above vacancy notice number and title of the position.
- A written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application and P.11 at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged
Application Deadline: 12th February, 2017.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.