United Nations Population Fund Internship Program 2020.
United Nations Population Fund Internship Program 2020. This page will guide you on latest information about how to apply for Glory Educational Services Limited job offers in Nigeria for graduate and undergraduate. In this article, you’ll learn about the company description, application skills, requirements and qualifications. Interested applicant should follow the lead outline below for successful application.
Applications are now been accepted for internship programs at The UNFPA , this programs avails outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work. All applicants are to comply with the eligibility criteria.
Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
Title: Internship Programme – Information and Computer Technology (ICT)
Job ID: 29477
Location: UNFPA Country Office, Abuja, Nigeria
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duration of Assignment: 6 months
Contract Type: UNFPA Internship Programme, Information and Computer Technology (ICT)
Category: All Nationals are eligible to apply
How you can make a difference:
- UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
- UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Objectives of the Internship Programme
- The purpose of the Internship programme is to provide students and recent graduates from diverse academic backgrounds exposure to development issues and a first-hand experience with the day-to-day working environment of UNFPA. The UNFPA Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
- Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work under the supervision of a staff member at UNFPA. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
- iDocs is an Integrated Document Management Solution that will help the organization streamline internal document management processes and its intended to enable storage, search & retrieval, sharing, tracking, revision and distribution of documents and hence information and data they contain. It will also capture entire lifecycle of documents.
- We are required to scan all relevant documents and have these documents uploaded to the idocs server. These scanned documents are to be properly titled to enable easy search.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Creation of Folder on the Local server:
- Hierarchical Folder structure as presented by units to be created on the server
- Inventory of Documents:
- Take inventory of all documents to be scanned.
- Daily Sign out of folders
- Ensure documents are re filed properly
- Scan all documents with proper title and Meta data.
- Save scanned files to appropriate folders on the file structure
- Upload to iDocs filing structure
- Prepare Inventory list of all documents scanned and uploaded
- Document lesson learned
- Desk support:
- Support with troubleshoot of LAN, and Computer issues
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Documentation of all files and folders uploaded
- All documents uploaded
- Properly titled documents
- Easy search of documents
- Institutionalized and staff fully trained
- Exit strategy training of registry clerk.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants to the UNFPA internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme within Information and Computer Technology – ICT (such as a master’s programme, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this programme.
The Intern should have the following skills:
- Certification in Microsoft, A+ hardware, Web design, Oracle PL/SQL, Programming in HTML and CSS will be an added advantage
- Server management skills
- Ability to operate a computer system
- Ability to operate office equipment’s especially a digital scanner.
- Ability to communicate and work as a team
- Analytical skills
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change.
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact.
Financial Aspects of Internship
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the students themselves or by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students. Students will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements. In addition, applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship. Proof of insurance will need to be submitted before the internship begins.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by UNFPA for their work but may receive a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, such as meals and transportation at the duty station, when not financially supported by any institution or programme, such as a university, government, foundation, or scholarship programme. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation, and other living expenses must be borne by either the intern or the intern’s sponsoring institution.
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender quality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage qualified women to apply. Please note that UNFPA will respond only to those applicants in whom it has a further interest.
- UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
- UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about United Nations Population Fund Internship Program 2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: How to Apply for United Nations Population Fund Internship, UNFPA, unfpa erecruit, unfpa fellowship, unfpa vacancies, United Nations, United Nations Population Fund, United Nations Population Fund Internship Application guide, United Nations Population Fund Internship Program, United Nations Population Fund Internship Program 2020, United Nations Population Fund Internship Requirements, unops internships