United Nations Programme Officers Recruitment 2017 | Apply for Ongoing UN Graduate Recruitment – www.un.org
CHAT Right HERE with Our Representative - Immediate Response
United Nations Programme Officers Recruitment 2017 | Apply for Ongoing UN Graduate Recruitment – www.un.org.
United Nations Programme Officers Recruitment – The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems.
The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer (Drug Prevention and Treatment Expert), P3
Job Opening Number: 17-Drug Control and Crime Prevent-UNODC-82713-R-Abuja (E)
Job Code Title: Drug Control and Crime Prevention Officer
Department/Office: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Job type: Temporary
Within assigned authority, the Programme Officer (Drug Prevention and Treatment Expert) will perform the following specific duties:
- In close consultation with relevant UNODC staff at both Headquarters and the field, design, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate all assigned activities, related to the prevention of drug use and the treatment and care of drug use disorders, to be conducted within the framework of the project “Support to ECOWAS Regional Action Plan on illicit drug trafficking, organized crime related to it and drug abuse in West Africa”.
- Provide substantive support and advice to the ECOWAS Drug Unit with regard to project/programme development, monitoring and evaluation in the area of drug prevention, treatment and care technical assistance and service delivery. Provide substantive assistance also within the framework of the Drug Unit’s regular activities.
- Lead and/or participate in assessment missions, including the provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and draft mission summaries.
- Organize and facilitate national and regional training workshops, study tours, etc.
- Contribute to all substantive and financial reports linked to the implementation of the parts of the project assigned, in particular quarterly, semi-annual and annual project progress reports, annual financial reports, etc.
- Develop and maintain a substantive dialogue with and between national counterpart governments on project activities and expected outcomes.
- Prepare specialized materials, operational documents and technical publications to facilitate the implementation of parts of the project assigned.
- Prepare/review all correspondence linked to the implementation of parts of the project assigned.
- Participate in the recruitment of personnel required for the implementation of the project by participating in panel interviews, by evaluating candidates’ applications and qualifications, by drafting/finalizing substantive recommendations and reports for submission to HRMS and/or Central Review bodies, by drafting terms of reference/job descriptions, etc.
- Perform other work related duties as required.
- An advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in Health, Public Health, Education, Psychology, Social Science or in any other relevant discipline, is required.
- A First-level University Degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in managing drug prevention and/or treatment programmes at national and international level is required.
- Experience in developing, managing and monitoring projects is required. Experience in coordinating and leading a team is desirable.
- Experience in working with UN programme policies, guidelines and procedures in drug prevention and/or treatment as well as with project management tools is desirable. Work experience in a United Nations field office, particularly in West Africa, is desirable.
- Has knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to drug control and crime prevention, specifically as relates to drug prevention, treatment and care.
- Has good knowledge of the institutional and scientific aspects of preventing drug use and treating and care for people with drug use disorders. Is able to identify issues, analyze and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Is familiar with evidence-based interventions and policies, training curricula development, medical treatment protocols, international cooperation mechanisms, as well as with programme planning and implementation.
- Is able to apply UN rules, regulations, policies and guidelines in work situations. Is able to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and the national authorities to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the position advertised, fluency in English and French, with proven drafting and communication skills, is required. Working knowledge of Portuguese is an asset.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
Application Deadline: 14th September, 2017.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about United Nations Recruitment 2017, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also feel free to ask any question pertaining to this guide.
What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Apply for Ongoing UN Graduate Recruitment 2017, entry level un jobs, how to apply for United Nations Programme Officers Recruitment 2017, latest UN Graduate Recruitment, new jobs at United Nations, UN, un job finder, un jobs in africa, un jobs in india, un jobs london, un jobs vacancies, unep jobs kenya, United Nations, united nations jobs salary, United Nations Programme Officers Recruitment, United Nations Programme Officers Recruitment 2017 | Apply for Ongoing UN Graduate Recruitment - www.un.org, United Nations Recruitment