United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment 2019-2020 and How to Apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
1. Job Title: Nutritionist, NOB
Ref Id: 106291
- This job is found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area/Field Offices (AOs/FOs). Job holders typically report to a Nutritionist or Programme Policy Officer.
- At this level, job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate support staff.
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
- To provide support to WFP Nigeria nutrition programmes and activities to contribute to meeting the nutritional needs of WFP beneficiaries.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Support the Head of Nutrition Unit for overall implementation of WFP Nigeria nutrition programmes, which includes supporting implementation and monitoring of all nutrition activities within the WFP Area and Sub-Offices.
- Provide WFP Nigeria nutrition representation through active participation in relevant nutrition and food assistance co-ordination forums, workshops and trainings, and participate in regular meetings with government authorities, partners, and all other relevant stakeholders, as required.
- Contribute to the development of WFP Nigeria nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined WFP Nigeria nutrition projects and activities, ensuring a co-ordinated approach with wider programmes/projects that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Develop and co-ordinate WFP Nigeria nutrition data gathering and monitoring/assessment systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Track and analyse nutrition data to provide input into WFP Nigeria reporting activities and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on nutrition activities that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with WFP Nigeria implementing nutrition partners (internal and external) to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification of potential WFP Nigeria nutrition partners and partnership negotiations to ensure a collaborative and holistic approach to meeting nutrition needs.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.