Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment 2019-2020 and How to Apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
1. Job Title: Monitoring Assistant, G5
Requisition #: 106866
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Slot: 5 Openings
Contract type: FT
Position grade: G5
Contract duration: 12 months
- This job is found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
- At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities related to monitoring that require some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
- To coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Under the general guidance of the deputy head of area office and the direct supervision of the National M&E Officer, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Monitor distributions of assistance (food, cash-based transfers, non-food items), activity implementation (activity sites, warehouses, retailer performance), and project outcomes at households using digitized, standardized questionnaires and resolving routine issues to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with WFP standard and goals;
- Facilitate discussions with the people WFP serves, project management committees, community leaders, and cooperating partners on distribution arrangements, entitlements, and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations;
- Gather complaints and feedback from the people and communities WFP serves through outreach efforts using the standardized in-take form, escalating issues through the approved referral pathways, where appropriate;
- Prepare field mission reports to document monitoring findings and escalate where appropriate,
- Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes;
- Review proposals for potential partners, providing feedback related to overall quality and specifically from an M&E perspective;
- Provide direct feedback on cooperating partner performance during monthly partners’ meetings and performance evaluations;
- Provide surge support for operational teams, including but not limited to COMET-LESS reconciliation, SCOPE data entry, etc., if and as required;
- Perform any other duties, as required.
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Capability Name: Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Strategic Management: Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoring and/or evaluation activities and their inter-relationship.
- Performance Management: Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manage resources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions or deliver straightforward evaluations of operations, programmes, or processes to WFP monitoring and/or evaluation quality standards.
- Qualitative/Quantitative Methodology: Understand and applies an appropriate mix of established methods and data collection tools to monitoring, reviews or straightforward evaluations, in line with WFP’s strategic and operational results frameworks (metrics), WFP guidance and technical standards.
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Collects and summarizes programme data, including information on shipments, distribution site logistics, the status of personas in need, and beneficiaries
- planned and reached for all programme assistance modalities and activities.
- Programme Monitoring and Review: Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes, and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
- Field mission reports;
- Completed questionnaires uploaded to the central server;
- Complaints and feedback in-take forms uploaded to the central server;
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.