Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2018 and How to Apply Online.
United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2018…. How to Apply for United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2018? What are United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment Academic Qualifications and Requirements? See more details below;
United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2018
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Country Manager
Vacancy code: VA/2017/B5316/14663
Job categories: Project Management, Leadership, Programme Management
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-3
Duration: 1 Year
Background Information – Job-specific
- The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world.
- Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
- With over 8,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, where they need it.
- By implementing around 1,000 projects for our partners at any given time, UNOPS makes significant contributions to results on the ground, often in the most challenging environments.
- The Country Manager reports directly to the Operational Hub Director who provides direction and general supervision. The Country Manager is responsible for programme development planning and preparation and for managing all stages of programming to achieve results in the area/s of responsibility.
- The role contributes, as part of the Operational Hub team, to the development and implementation of strategies to enhance the competencies and position of UNOPS in sustainable project management and services to partners, stakeholders and UN system partners.
Programme Governance, Implementation and Monitoring:
- Accept responsibility for project portfolio oversight as delegated by the Operational Hub/Operations Centre Director and through the role of Project Executive on Project Boards.
- Establish and execute the programme implementation plans in collaboration with the team and partners, including setting objectives, performance measurements, standards and results expected to ensure timely and client oriented services.
- Monitor and supervise the timely and cost-effective implementation of the programme according to UNOPS goals and partner expectations, approved budget and full cost recovery.
- Supervise the Programme Management Office (PMO) to ensure that project management policies, processes and methods are followed and practiced according to the organization’s standards, best project management practices are promoted, and overall assurance of projects is provided.
- Mentor and assist Project Managers in planning, execution and delivery of allocated projects, ensuring incorporation of best practice project management processes.
- Facilitate timely and accurate project tracking, analysis of outputs, and reporting.
- Develop and implement the programme governance framework.
Programme Development and Planning:
- Support the Operational Hub Director/Operations Centre Director to ensure the financial sustainability of the programme and delivery of desired results, ensuring compliance with organizational strategies, rules, regulations and standards of performance.
- Submit mandated reports and critical issues to the Operational Hub Director/Operations Centre Director and clients, to drive future process improvement and business development planning.
- Analyse and keep abreast of political and development trends in the geographical area, to identify and propose to the Operational Hub Director/Operations Centre Director areas for UNOPS engagement and support based on regional/country priorities, strategic areas of focus and comparative advantage.
- Manage and oversee the preparation of programme documents (including business cases/strategies, policy briefs, programme plans and risk assessments).
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of programme/business recommendations for the review and approval of the Operational Hub Director/Operations Centre Director.
- Consult and collaborate with internal and external colleagues and partners to ensure linkages, consistency, and harmonisation of approaches and compliance with guidelines, framework and standards of accountability, integrity and performance.
Manage Programme Resources:
- Plan and propose to the Operational Hub Director/Operations Centre Director, required programme resources (human and financial).
- Plan, recruit, manage and develop programme personnel/technical experts with the skills and competencies needed to ensure optimum performance and encouraging the formation of diverse teams in term of gender and geography.
- Promote teamwork, collaboration and diversity by providing the programme team with clear direction, objectives and guidance to enable them to perform their duties responsibly, effectively and efficiently.
- Submit revenue and expenditure forecasts based on UNOPS and Operational Hub/Operations Centre financial goals.
- Determine pricing strategies based on UNOPS pricing policy and models to ensure an appropriate balance between revenue and development capacity within UN mandate and spirit.
- Manage programme resources in accordance with UNOPS standards of ethics, integrity and accountability framework and financial sustainability.
- Foster a positive work environment, respectful of both men and women, and ensure that the highest standards of conduct are observed.
- Plan, conduct and/or respond to UNOPS performance evaluation reviews and surveys.
Partnership, Networking and Advocacy:
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy and effective communication of UNOPS competencies in project service delivery and management.
- Support the business development function by identifying and developing new business and partnership/customer opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Business Development Manager to prepare proposals and partnerships engagement.
- Contribute to current and future growth plans for the Operational Hub/Operations Centre, ensuring alignment with the UNOP Strategic Plan.
- [Customise as relevant] Support Communication Specialists to develop communication strategies to maximise communication impact and outreach and build awareness of UNOPS goals and competencies to reinforce UNOPS competitive edge as a provider of sustainable projects results.
- At the request of the Operational Hub Director/Operations Centre Director participate and/or represent the Operational Hub/Operations Centre in inter-agency discussions and planning to ensure UNOPS position, interests and priorities are fully considered.
Knowledge Management and Innovation:
- Keep abreast of and incorporate latest/best practices, approaches and technology to enhance the programme delivery and results.
- Institutionalise and share best practices and lessons learned for corporate development planning and knowledge building.
- Draft policy papers and/or recommend policy changes to align operations with changing environment.
- Lead the planning, implementation and organization of strategic capacity building of personnel, clients and stakeholders within the programme.
- Act as the internal coordination point to ensure adequate coordination of UNOPS activities in the designated country.
- At the request of the Hub Director, participate in relevant inter-agency and external meetings.
- At the request of the Hub Director, participate in the UN Security Management Team and in line with the UN Security Management System Framework of Accountability, support the UN Designated Official in discharging his/her mandate related to the safety and security of all UNOPS personnel, premises and assets.
- Maintain regular contact with stakeholders, including Government to ensure full information sharing and participation.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, colleagues and stakeholders to keep abreast of evolving trends, advocate UNOPS services and build partnerships/alliances to maintain/enhance UNOPS visibility in project services in development cooperation.
- At the request of the Hub Director, participate in UN Country Team initiatives to strengthen UN coherence, inclusiveness, and aid effectiveness.
- At the request of the Hub Director, keep the UN Resident Coordinator informed of UNOPS activities within the country through regular communication and formal reporting on business acquisition and implementation of activities led by UNOPS as part of the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
Impact of Results
The effective and successful performance by the Country Manager directly impacts on achievement of programme results and consequently reinforces the visibility and image of the UNOPS as an effective service provider in project services and management and strengthens its competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, Public Administration, Social Science or other relevant related field is required.
- Applicants with a Bachelors degree with additional two years of relevant working experience may also be considered in lieu of the educational requirements outlined above.
- PRINCE2® Foundation/Practitioner is an asset, but required completion within first 6 months of onboarding.
- Programme/Project Management Professional (MSP® or PMI-PgMP/PMI-PMP) is also an asset.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in social development, business development, executive management and/or engineering programme management planning and operations in a large international and/or corporate organization is required for this position.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience including supervising teams and managing budgets is required.
- Experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Experience in hardship or post conflict environments is desirable
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
- Develops and implements sustainable business strategies, thinks long term and externally in order to positively shape the organization. Anticipates and perceives the impact and implications of future decisions and activities on other parts of the organization.
- Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).
- Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.
- Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.
- Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.
- Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Ability to liaise with a diverse set of political and technical stakeholders;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to handle a range of stakeholder liaison issues;
- Ability to juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines;
- Takes ownership for all responsibilities and honours commitments;
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent contacts with colleagues, senior government officials, donors and UN agencies;
- Ability to translate technical issues into language that is understandable to client and field personnel;
- Ability to deliver agreed outputs within agreed deadlines. Strong analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to understand and adapt to changing client demands, and priorities;
- Collaborates effectively with an ability to maintain strong working relations with people with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Ability to prioritise tasks in the context of a rapidly evolving operational environment;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Ability to prioritise tasks in the context of a rapidly evolving operational environment;
- Remains calm, in control and good humoured even under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and networking skills including strong presentation skills;
- Understands the role of technology and business processes and possesses strong computer skills, including database and information management;
- Ability to analyse large quantities of data and synthesize them into salient points for which clear and actionable recommendations can be made;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Application Deadline: 15th January, 2018.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: Apply for United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment, How to Apply for United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment, United Nations Office for Project Services, United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment, United Nations Office for Project Services Recruitment 2018, UNOPS