Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
WHO Graduate Recruitment 2019 and How to Apply for Graduate Vacancies
World Health Organization Graduate Recruitment 2019, In this article you will get latest updates on World Health Organization 2018 recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Vacant Jobs Positions
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions below:
1. Job Title: Public Health Officer
Ref Id: 1904408
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 Months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
Description of Duties
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected). The incumbent will perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess threats to human life and health, damage to health infrastructure for primary and secondary care, the state of health referral and support systems, including cold chain, laboratory, essential drugs and health information systems, and the vital needs of the affected populations.
- Collaborate with national authorities and health partners to coordinate and implement public health response activities as part of the health cluster’s strategic response; analyse existing coordination mechanisms, designing and recommending improvements.
- Provide analysis of the public health risks, needs and capacities and advise on priority interventions for WHO and partners; challenges and operational course correctors, as applicable.
- Monitor progress towards achievement of universal health coverage; analyse social determinants of health and their impact on the incident management system, including identifying inequities, gaps in the delivery of health services or emergency interventions, recommending appropriate actions and innovative approaches to improve the situation.
- Facilitate the implementation of effective, evidence-based policies, public health programmes and interventions through all life cycles, this might include maternal and new born health, health promotion and education, NCDs, the elderly, social determinant of health, violence and injury prevention including road safety, gender and health equity and other related areas.
- Secure information from a broad range of health sectors, analysing such and consolidating health data in trends and trends assessment, with particular attention to surveillance, monitoring and early warning. Position Description – Professional
- Coordinate meetings with all relevant partners and incident management team, producing and circulating minutes, related decisions and tracking the latter, and developing detailed “lessons learnt” reports, recommending improvement to current and future field operations.
- Provide input to communications and information products (Sitreps, health cluster bulletins, outbreak bulletins etc.) as required.
- Ensure compliance with IASC principles and the Humanitarian Programme Cycle in delivering WHO’s health response.
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor
- Essential: University degree (Master’s level or above) in Public Health and/or Health-related fields from an accredited/recognized institute
- Desirable: Doctorate degree in public health. Post graduate studies or specialized training in emergency response or disaster management in the context of public health.Diploma in tropical medicine or diploma in disaster management.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Most Recommended Links
Tags: who e-recruitment site, who jobs for doctors, who jobs in india, who jobs in public health, world health organisation india, World Health Organization Graduate Recruitment, World Health Organization Graduate Recruitment 2019, world health organization internship, world health organization jobs for nurses, world health organization jobs salary, World Health Organization Recruitment, World Health Organization Recruitment 2019, Zonal Data Assistant job vacancy at World Health Organization