Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship 2020 Application Portal Updates.
Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship 2020: The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship is provided to students who meet the requirements and have high potential.
The scholarship is for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year (for two-year Master’s program).
University of Amsterdam, Faculty of Science
Candidates wishing to apply for an AES programme should:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AES
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc programme for the application and admission procedure)
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago
- The International Team should be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit or additional financial support throughout the academic year.
Selection Criteria for the Scholarship
The University of Amsterdam has a limited number of Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships available. In addition to the admission requirements of the Master’s programme, eligible candidates are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- The candidate’s academic records. Students belonging to the top 10% of graduates from their class can apply. This generally means an overall GPA equivalent to:
- 3.5 (American system, 4-point scale)
- 1st class honours/ upper division (British system)
- 8+ (Dutch EC-system, 10-point scale);
- The academic quality of the educational institute where the (under)graduate degree has been (or will be) obtained;
- The quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words), in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s programme in a broader context and the relevance of obtaining this scholarship for the candidate’s future academic career;
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student commissions, international experience, sports or music at a high level or volunteer work;
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL (internet-based); overall score of 100, with a minimum score of 22 in each of the four components
- IELTS (academic); overall score of 7.0, with a minimum of 7.0 in each of the four components
- A Cambridge Examination Score with a minimum test result of C1 Advanced (CAE) A or B will also be accepted. For the C2 Proficiency test (CPE) a minimal score of C is required;
- The quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Failure to meet one or more of the requirements or selection criteria automatically means that the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Full scholarship of €25,000 covering tuition and living expenses
- You are holding a non-EU/EEA passport.
- You are willing to admit to a Master’s Program of the Faculty of Science.
- You will be assessed on the basis of academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by supported documents.
- Applicants do not get another scholarship for the same period of study as the AES.
How to Apply
January 15th, 2020
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about the scholarship, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Amsterdam Excellence Center, Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship 2020/2021, Amsterdam Merit Scholarship, Amsterdam Scholarship 2020, University of Amsterdam, University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships, Utrecht Excellence Scholarship