Massachusetts Institute of Technology Empowering the Teachers Programme 2019/2020.
NNPC/TOTAL – MIT-Empowering The Teachers (MIT-EU) is a teaching- focused fellowship, offered by MIT- AFRICA together with its corporate partner NNPC/TOTAL.
MIT-EU enables Nigerian faculty in Science and Engineering to experience a semester at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). NNPC/TOTAL invites suitably qualified faculties in Nigerian Universities for:
Programme Title: Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Empowering The Teachers (MIT-ETT) Programme 2018/2019
- MIT-EU will select a number of outstanding young faculties from the disciplines of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering and Chemical Engineering from Nigerian universities to spend a semester at MIT. Selected fellows will observe instructions in their disciplines and work in groups to prepare innovative curricula and approaches teaching that can be introduced into their home universities on their return.
- MIT-ETT will cover the travel, living and instructional materials expenses of the participants. The home universities of successful applicants will commit to provide paid leaves of absence during the period of the MIT program.
- The successful fellows will spend either the Fall 2018 (September-December) and Spring 2019 (February-May) semester at MIT observing classes similar to ones they currently teach. They will also work on new curricula materials and teaching approaches for adoption in their own classes. While at MIT, they will participate regularly in MIT subjects (including lectures, recitations and tutorials) that correspond to courses they teach in their home universities.
- They will also attend the weekly Empowering The Teachers Fellows Seminar meetings on curriculum development and meet with MIT professors and teaching assistants. Beyond the fellowship semester at MIT, Empowering The Teachers will support online communications, periodic reunions and meetings in Nigeria in order to build a community of faculty devoted to excellence and innovation in Science and Engineering education.
MIT-EU welcomes applications from all qualified faculty who are:
- Interested in developing new curriculum and teaching methods and consider themselves to be change-agents.
- A faculty member holding a PhD and teach in a department corresponding to Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or Chemical Engineering at a university in Nigeria.
- Lecturer One rank
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Empowering the Teachers Programme
Interested and qualified candidates should download and complete the Program Application Form; then send the completed application, a copy of their Current Curriculum Vitae (please include which coding languages you know), a copy of 1 research paper and 1 conference paper that best represents your work/your areas of interest as ONE [non-secured] PDF attachment in ONE email to: [email protected]
Click Here to Download the Program Application Form (PDF)
Note: An MIT committee will establish a list of top candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by MIT faculty and representatives of NAPIMS and TOTAL on a date and time slot to be announced
Application Deadline: 8pm EST;
1st December, 2017.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Massachusetts Institute of Technology Empowering the Teachers Programme 2019/2020, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.