Department of Petroleum Resources Past Questions and Answers in PDF | Download for Free.
Department of Petroleum Resources Past Questions: NCS past questions and answers is available here for download. This will give you a better chance of scoring higher on the screening test. See more details below.
Imagine yourself succeeding on the test and being given opportunity to study in any university of your choice around the world, of course that will be a wow! You will not only make history in your family but you will also a pave a way for your academic success.
Research has proven that one of the ways of scoring high in any scholarship screening exercise is the comprehensive study of its Past Questions and Answers because of the verbatim repetition of questions.
You can practice with the following sample questions for the DPR Recruitment Aptitude test / examination;
1) When walking, a certain person takes 16 complete steps in 10 seconds. At this rate, how many complete steps does the person take in 72 seconds?
A. 45 B. 78 C. 86 D. 90 E. 115
2) In computer jargon, what do you understand by ROM?
A. Read Only Memory
B. Random Only Memory
C. Real Output Memory
D. Read Output Memory
3) A body is floating in seawater with 2/3 of its volume above the surface. The weight of the displaced water is?
A. Less than the weight of the body
B. Equal to the weight of the body
C. More than the weight of the body
D. Not enough information provided.
Questions 4 – 9 refer to the following: A tank is a vertical cylinder with inside diameter of 6ft and a height of 15ft.
4) What is the volume of liquid in cubic feet if we fill the tank to one foot high?
A. 28.27 ft3
B. 18.8 ft3
C. 113.1 ft3
D. 424.1 ft3.
5) What is the total volume of the tank in cubic feet?
A. 1686.5 ft3
B. 442.5 ft3
C. 424.1 ft3
D. 847.5 ft3.
6) What is the volume of water in cubic ft in the tank if a measure stick indicates the water surface is 6 feet below the top of the tank?
A. 170.2 ft3
B. 254.4 ft3
C. 1017.9 ft3
D. 678.6 ft3.
7) What is the weight in pounds of the tank, as in the above case, if the tank itself weighs 20 lbs per ft of height?
A. 63,424 lbs
B. 42,241 lbs
C. 16,151 lbs
D. 10,605 lbs.
8) How much water in gallons would have to be removed to reduce the total weight of the tank plus water, as in the above case, by 20%?
A. 388 gals
B. 3,230 gals
C. 2,121 gals
D. 626 gals.
9) What would be the new level of the water, as measured from the top of the tank, if the water in the above case (equivalent of 20% of total weight) is removed?
A. 10.4 ft
B. 12.7 ft
C. 7.1 ft
D. 7.8 ft.
10) If everybody at a party shook hands with each other, and there was a total of 66 handshakes. How many people attended the party?
ANS: With two people, there is one handshake. With three people, there are three handshakes. With four people, there are six handshakes. In general, with n+1 people, the number of handshakes is the sum of the first n consecutive numbers: 1+2+3+…+n. Since this sum is n(n+1)/2, we need to solve the equation n(n+1)/2 = 66. This is the quadratic equation n2+n-132 = 0. Solving for n, we obtain 11 as the answer and deduce that there were 12 people at the party.
For questions 11 to 13, four words or phrases have been underlined in each sentence. Please choose the one word or phrase, which is incorrect in standard written English.
11) To John, as well as I, it is extremely beneficial to make friends with people from
– -A -B -C
other countries and to ask them about their cultures.
– – – – – -D
12) Before making a plan for the weekend, most people listen to the weather forecast
– – – -A -B
even though they know hardly nothing about the factors that affect the weather.
– – – – -C -D
13) The circumstances under which the operation took place were unbelievable in that
– – – -A -B -C
the doctor didn’t even using antiseptic.
– – – -D
For questions 14 to 18, select the correct preposition or adverb:
14) He insisted _____ seeing the documents.
15) It never occurred _____ me to ask him for proof of his identity.
16) I object to being kept waiting. Why can’t you be _____ time?
17) I was _____ the impression that I had paid you for the work you did for me.
18) Buying presents for children is sometimes very difficult. ___ the end I bought a kite for Tom.
19) What are two safety precautions that should be taken before driving your car?
20) In computer jargon, what do you understand by CPU?
A. Computer Processing Unit
B. Computer Procedure Utility
C. Central Processing Unit
D. Central Power Unit
21) The five cogs are turning in the same direction and at the same speed. Which two will clash at a given moment?
(A.) A and B (B.) B and C (C.) C and D (D.) D and E
22) What is the equation for Ohm’s law?
A. V = IR
B. V = I/R
C. R = VI
D. I = VR
23) In direct current I = 3A, R = 4W. Calculate V;
A. 1.33 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
24) What becomes V if we use 2 resistors of 4W in parallel?
A. 2.66 V
B. 6 V
C. 12 V
D. 24 V
25) Which of the following pair of countries consist of the permanent security council of UN
A. Brazil, Germany, France, USA, China
B. France, China, USSR, USA, Britain
C. France, Britain, Brazil, New Zealand
D. France, Germany, Japan, China
26) In order to qualify for the post of President in Nigeria the person must be _____ and above
A. 35 years
B. 20 years
C. 40 years
D. 55 years
27) The name Nigeria coined out of _______
A. Niger Forest
B. Niger Area
C. Niger River
D. Niger Textures
28) The first Inspector General of the Police Force was
A. Teslim Balogun
B. Louis Edet
C. Ademola Adetokunbo
D. Mike Okiro
In the following question, a related pair of words or phrases is followed by five lettered pairs of words or phrases. Select the lettered pair that best expresses a relationship similar to that expressed in the original pair.
29) COLOR : SPECTRUM
A. tone : scale
B. sound : waves
C. verse : poem
D. dimension : space
30) Choose the lettered word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word DIFFUSE:
For questions 31 to 37, select the correct answer:
31) I don’t know_____.
A. where is your pen
B. where your pen is
C. where your is pen
D. where is the pen of yours
32. If you want to see him, ______.
A. please let me to know
B. let me to know please
C. please let me know
D. let me please to be known
33. _______, the little girl ran out of the yard.
A. Being afraid of the dog
B. The dog she is afraid of
C. The dog has been afraid of
D. Was being afraid of the dog
34. The manager_____ here at 4 p.m.
A. is supposing to arrive
B. is supposed to arrive
C. will suppose to arrive
D. is supposed to be arrived
35. Due to the devaluation, many people have become rich, but many others _______.
B. have been ruined
C. have ruined
D. would have ruined
36. The man has been hospitalized since yesterday ______.
A. because his serious wound
B. because of his serious wound
C. because of his seriously wound
D. because his wound seriously
37. Your suggestion, ______ , is beneficial to both the company and the employees.
A. different than his
B. as well as he
C. as he is
D. like his
In the sentence below, choose the word or set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a whole.
38) Early _____ of hearing loss is ______ by the fact that the other senses are able to compensate for moderate amounts of loss, so that people frequently do not know that their hearing is imperfect.
(A) discovery … indicated
(B) development … prevented
(C) detection … complicated
(D) treatment … facilitated
For questions 39 to 42, choose the correct tense for the verbs in brackets:
39) I usually go by train, but this weekend I am going by bus. It (take) longer but it costs less.
C. is taken
D. will take
40) I (not think) your brother is enjoying the party. He keeps looking at his watch.
A. doesn’t think
B. didn’t think
C. don’t think
D. am not thinking
41) The hall (be) painted at the moment, so it isn’t looking its best.
A. is being
C. is to be
D. will be
42) At present I’m having my typewriter (repair).
C. is repaired
D. being repaired
43) If x = y – 9, and y – 4 = 10, x = ?
D. A and B
44) What is the force in pounds exerted upwards on a piston with a diameter of 4 inches if a gauge indicates the internal pressure in the cylinder is 1000 psi?
A. 4000 lbs
B. 250 lbs
C. 50,266 lbs
D. 12,566 lbs
45) What is the weight in kilograms of a string of pipe that is 11,500 ft long and weighs .33 pounds per inch?
A. 1,725 kg
B. 20,700 kg
C. 45,540 kg
D. 3795 kg
46) How much time in minutes will it take a car driving at 90 km/hr to travel 27 kilometers?
A. 3.3 minutes
B. 2430 minutes
C. 18 minutes
D. 0.3 minutes
47) What is the total capacity in gallons of a rectangular tank 5 meters in height knowing that it will hold 200 liters per foot?
A. 3281 gal
B. 1000 gal
C. 867 gal
D. 8670 gal
48) If the motor M rotates in the direction shown by the arrow as illustrated in the diagram below, what is going on?
A. 1 and 2 are going down
B. 1 goes up and 2 goes down
C. 1 and 2 are going up
D. 1 goes down and 2 goes up
49) For the system in the diagram below to be in equilibrium, what is the mass of P in pounds? The mass at the other end of the beam is 5 kg.
A. 5.5 lb
B. 2.8 kg
C. 10 kg
D. none of these
50) These 3 wells have been drilled with a mud of specific gravity of 1.25 gr/cm3. In which well A, B or C, will the highest hydrostatic bottom hole pressure be recorded ?
A. Well A
B. Well B
C. Well C
D. All three will have equal bottom hole pressure
51) If the density of A is greater than the density of B. What is going to happen ?
A. If P floats in liquid A, it will also float in B.
B. If P floats in liquid B, it may or may not float in A, depending on the density of P.
C. If P sinks in B, it will sink in A also.
D. None of the above answers are correct.
52) For the circuit shown below, if V=380VAC and the bulb is rated at 170VAC, 5W, what is the resistance R that should be connected in series to the bulb?
A. 6500 ohms
B. 7000 ohms
C. 7145 ohms
D. 5780 ohms
53) If we increase the voltage across a DC motor, then the motor speed will?
C. stay same
54) What will be the output voltage of two 12V batteries connected in series?
A. 12 V
B. 6 V
C. 24 V
D. no voltage
55) What will be the output voltage of two 12V batteries connected in parallel?
A. 12 V
B. 6 V
C. 24 V
D. no voltage
56) In computer jargon, what do you understand by RAM?
A. Read Access Memory
B. Random Access Memory
C. Real Access Memory
D. Random Acquired Memory.
57) A model of an atom which contains 24 electrons, 25 protons and 26 neutrons has some of its particles inside a nucleus at the centre of the model. What is the nucleon number (mass number) of the atom?
In the distance-time graph for two cyclists A and B below, the cyclists starts a 500 m race together but finishes the race at different times.
58) What is the distance between A and B at time t = 20s.
59) Calculate the difference in the time taken by A and B for the race.
60) How many squares are there on a normal chessboard?
Hint: There are actually 204 squares on a chessboard. There are 64 (1×1) squares. There are 49 (2×2) squares. There are 36 (3×3) squares. There are 25 (4×4) squares. There are 16 (5×5) squares. There are 9 (6×6) squares. Then there are 4 (7×7) squares and 1 big 8×8 square. So, there are a total of 204 squares on a normal chessboard.
61) Three people picked 65 apples altogether. At the first tree they each picked the same number of apples. At the second tree they each picked 3 times as many as they picked at the first tree. When they finished at the third tree, the group had 5 times as many apples as they had when they started at that tree. At the fourth tree the group picked just 5 apples. How many apples did each person pick at the first tree?
62) A bus run at 100 km/hr top speed. It can carry a maximum of 6 persons. If speed of bus decreases in fixed proportion with increase in number of person, find speed when three person are traveling in bus.
63) A man decides to buy a nice horse. He pays $60 for it, and he is very content with the strong animal. After a year, the value of the horse has increased to $70 and he decides to sell the horse. But already a few days later he regrets his decision to sell the beautiful horse, and he buys it again. Unfortunately he has to pay $80 to get it back, so he loses $10. After another year of owning the horse, he finally decides to sell the horse for $90. What is the overall profit the man makes?
64) There are 20 pieces of bread to divide among 20 people. A man eats 3 pieces, woman eats 2 pieces and a child eats half piece of bread. Tell the correct combination of men, women and children so that they are 20 people in total and everyone gets the bread. Note that a man cannot eat less than 3 or more than 3. A woman cannot eat less than 2 or more than 2 and the child cannot eat less than half or more than half piece of the bread. You have to tell there are how may are men, women and children in those 20 people.
65) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?
Hint: Dividing by half (1/2) is the same as multiplying by 2.
66) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
Hint: 1 hour. If you take a pill at 1 o’clock, then another at 1.30 and the last at 2’clock, they will be taken in 1 hour.
67) I went to bed at eight 8 ‘clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine 9 ‘clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?
Ans: 1 hour. It is a wind up alarm clock which cannot discriminate between a.m. and p.m.
68) Which word in the options is most opposite in meaning to the word in capitals? MITIGATE
69) Which word in the options is closest in meaning to the word in capitals? HABITUATED
70) A train travelling at a speed of 75 m.p.h. enters a tunnel that is 2.5 miles long. The length of the train is 0.25 miles. How long does it take for all of the train to pass through the tunnel, from the moment the front enters to the moment the rear emerges?
71) ______ is when heat travels from the warmed end of an object towards the cool end. ______ is when heat travels through space. _______ is when heat from a hotplate is transferred to water in a pan placed on the hotplate.
Insert the three types of heat below into their correct definition: radiation, conduction, convection.
72) senate, banana, mirage, curate, revoke
Which one of the words in the options below belongs with the words above?
73) Which of the following statements are TRUE of limited liability companies?
(1) The company’s exposure to debts and liability is limited
(2) Financial statements must be produced
(3) A company continues to exist regardless of the identity of its owners
A. 1 and 2 only
B. 1 and 3 only
C. 2 and 3 only
D. 1, 2 and 3
E. None of the above
74) Which of the following statements about sales tax is/are true?
(1) Sales tax is an expense to the ultimate consumer of the goods purchased.
(2) Sales tax is recorded as income in the accounts of the entity selling the goods.
A. 1 only
B. 2 only
C. Both 1 and 2
D. Neither 1 nor 2
E. Question not clear
The DPR Past Questions e-book have been compiled to help give you an insight on how DPR set their questions and the format they use.
Using this DPR Past question will give you an edge over others. DPR aptitude tests comprise of questions from English, Mathematics, Current Affairs Questions and basic Environment /Safety / Oil and Gas. However, we were only able to get just the Current Affairs Questions and basic Environment /Safety / Oil and Gas questions from Aptitude test DPR has conducted in a particular year in the past.
Why not get your copy now and start practicing!.
Click Here to get a Copy of DPR Past Questions for Free.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 3,500 000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: 2020/2021 DPR Past Questions, Check DPR Past Questions Here Online, Download DPR Questions for Free, DPR, DPR Past Questions, DPR Past Questions Aptitude Test Questions, DPR Past Questions for Aptitude Test, DPR Past Questions for Aptitude Test 2020