The competition is designed to give young students an opportunity to tell their story about the ocean while discovering and enhancing their skills as filmmakers. The top three winners for each category of middle school and high school will receive a prize and have their films screened at the 16th Annual International Ocean Film Festival on Sunday, March 10, 2019.
The International Ocean Film Festival, formerly the San Francisco Ocean Film Festival, is a film festival held in San Francisco, USA, that features films about marine life, the ocean, coastal cultures, and conservation.
- Applications Deadline: January 21, 2019.
- Course Level: The scholarship is open to middle school and high school students (grades 6 through 12).
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in all subjects.
- Scholarship Award: The three top winners in each category — middle school and high school — will be eligible to win cash prizes up to $500. The top finalists in each category will have their films presented on the big screen during the SFC Program on Sunday.
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from all around the world.
- Entrance Requirements: The SFC is open to middle school and high school students (grades 6 through 12) from around the world.
- Films must be five minutes or less in duration, and touch upon some subject matter regarding the ocean.
- Open to middle school and high school students around the world, the SFC is a way for students to tell their stories about the ocean and explore the exciting world of filmmaking.
- The rules are easy and straightforward:
- All films must be about the ocean
- All films must be less than 5 minutes in length
- Films must be made entirely by an individual student or a group of students
- Films must be five minutes or less, and touch upon at least one of these ocean-related topics:
- Ocean Environments
- Ocean wildlife
- Ocean science
- Ocean cultures
- National Marine Sanctuaries
- Ocean sports
- Ocean industries
- Ocean history
- Ocean conservation issues including climate change, pollution, overfishing, marine debris.
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfii2icoOGK794JGwz1V_OHQFllm15mg4_ARU3lMK_iQIPTtw/viewform
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.