Ads: Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE - 15 Products Remaining | HURRY NOW!
ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships 2019-2020 and How to Apply
ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships 2019… The International Centre of Insect Physiology and Ecology (icipe), Kenya, in partnership with the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD1) In-Country/In-Region Scholarships Programme and African university partners, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for PhD scholarships in the African Regional Postgraduate Programme in Insect Sciences (ARPPIS).
The primary objective of ARPPIS is to prepare young researchers from Africa to compete in an internationally competitive research environment within national, regional and international research programmes.
At icipe ARPPIS scholars are provided with excellent research facilities in an interdisciplinary environment within a structured, three-year PhD programme that includes research, training, developing research partnerships, writing scientific papers and grant proposals, and attending scientific meetings and international conferences.
Scholars conduct their innovative research at icipe’s laboratories and at field sites located in various agro-ecological zones.
- Six ARPPIS-DAAD PhD scholarships are available to nationals of sub-Saharan countries for the following projects: LIST OF PROJECTS
- The scholarships cover all costs of the PhD programme, including travel, living expenses, medical insurance, university fees and all research and training costs.
- Successful candidates will develop a full proposal and register with an ARPPIS partner university in Africa after they start the PhD programme at icipe.
- The ARPPIS PhD programme will commence from September 2019.
- The applicant must be a citizen of a country in sub-Saharan Africa. Some country restrictions apply. See LIST OF PROJECTS for more details.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum pass of second-class, upper division.
- A Master’s degree taken with both coursework and research in the field of natural sciences or other field relevant to the PhD project.
- The Master’s degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Qualified nationals of French- and Portuguese-speaking countries in Africa are also encouraged to apply.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a maximum age of 36 years (men) or 40 years (women) by 31st December 2019.
- Additional specific entrance requirements will be considered for admission depending on the eligible PhD project(s) selected by the candidate. For information on applicant requirements for each project, go to LIST OF PROJECTS.
- A working knowledge of English (written & spoken).
- Completed application forms and accompanying supporting documents. Note: please start the application process as soon as possible, especially if some of the supporting documents are difficult to obtain.
How to Apply for ARPPIS-DAAD PhD Scholarships.
Download and complete the scholarship Application Form.
To download the Application Form as a doc file click here
To download the Application Form as a docx file click here
Find a list of the available projects here: List of projects
Then go to the online application platform by clicking here and add information and upload your completed Application Form and the following documents:
- Signed curriculum vitae (please use the Europass Format: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/editors/en/cv/compose)
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates. Please combine into one file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller for uploading.
- Certified copies of all university transcripts. Please combine into one file. If necessary, you may zip the file to make it smaller for uploading.
- Copy of a signed recommendation letter from your employer (if currently employed) or University where MSc was undertaken. The letter must be on institute letterhead.
- If applicable, an official letter confirming that you will be granted study leave from your university or research organization. The letter must be on institute/university letterhead.
- If applicable, an official letter confirming release from teaching duties (university staff members only). The letter must be on university letterhead.
- Close-up photograph in colour of your full head and upper shoulders.
- Copy of National ID.
- Copy of Passport biodata page (the page that has your picture and personal details)
The accepted formats for documents are: doc, docx, pdf, rtf, zip, rar, jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, tif, and the maximum size for any one file is 5MB.
Once you have entered and uploaded everything, click the Continue button. This will take you to the Review your Entries page where you can review and change anything in your application. When you are satisfied with your application, click the Continue button to submit your application. This cannot be undone, so please make sure all your application information is correct before submitting. We will send an email acknowledgement when we receive your completed online application.
Closing date for applications: 11th February 2019
Any application received after this date will not be considered or acknowledged.
In case of any questions regarding the ARPPIS PhD programme or your application, kindly contact: Ms. Vivian Atieno, Capacity Building Officer, Capacity Building and Institutional Development Programme, icipe, [email protected] Tel: +254 20 863 2272
We look forward to receiving your application.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.♦ Total Cure for Diabetes => CLICK HERE. Only 15 Product Remaining - Hurry Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.