1,750 Australia Awards Scholarships for Africans 2020 for Study.
Australia Awards Scholarships for Africans 2020 – Are you discourage and think that the is no hope for you to get a higher level of education because of your low grade? Worry no more as we bring to you 1, 750 Australia Awards Scholarships for Africans with low grades. Hurry now and apply for Australia Awards Scholarships for Africans.
There are two categories of Award:
- Australian Awards Scholarships, to undertake higher degree studies in Australia at the Masters level.
- And Australia Awards Short Courses, to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses, in Australia and/or in Africa, in a range of development-focused sectors.
Why Australia Awards Scholarships?
The stability, security, and prosperity of sub-Saharan Africa are of national interest to Australia. African countries are of global economic and political importance for global economic growth, agricultural productivity, food security, and international security.
Many African economies are thriving and are increasingly providing Australia with opportunities for trade and investment-related development gains.
Sub-Saharan Africa is a diverse region with diverse contexts and development challenges. Important barriers to economic growth across the continent, including skills shortages, poor business environment and governance, slow key infrastructure development, food insecurity, and low agricultural productivity, humanitarian crises and gender and other inequalities.
This shortage of skilled workers is particularly pronounced at the professional level. In the public sector, these skills shortages hamper the ability of governments to provide services, support sustainable growth, and address development challenges. Achieving sustainable economic growth and competitiveness requires more qualified and applied industrial research.
Australia’s development aid is carefully designed to maximize its impact. Can make a difference by segmenting industries where Australian experience and knowledge create visible added value, deepen commitment and maintain flexibility and responsiveness in selected areas of expertise.
The Australian Awards will be presented to a select number of priority countries according to the geographical and sectoral nature of Australian involvement in Africa.
Australia sees Africa’s future optimistic. Australia has 9 diplomatic missions in Africa that support bilateral relations with sub-Saharan Africa. The first mission to South Africa was opened in 1946.
Australia Awards, a cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa, provide access to postgraduate education, training, and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute actively to development in their home countries.
Level/Field of Study:
The scholarship is for African students who wish to undertake Masters taught degrees and short courses at an Australian university.
Field of study:
Offer to study in Australian universities ranges across the following fields of study. Priority Fields (varies by African country)
- Agriculture/Food Security
- Public Policy (including public sector management, public sector reform, trade, international diplomacy)
- Environmental Management
- Natural Resource Management (including mining-related subjects)
- Technical and Vocational Education & Training (available for Short Courses only)
- Energy (including Natural Gas and Oil Technology)
- Natural Resource Management
- Transport (including Ports, Roads and Airports Management)
How Much is the Australia Awards Scholarship for African Students Worth?
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is a Fully Funded Scholarship. These opportunities have the value that includes a full tuition waiver, accommodation, and other expenses paid. Guess what, over 1000 scholarships are available
Australia Awards Scholarships
Entitlements include the following:
- The full costs of tuition fees for up to two years
- An economy class flight to and from Australia. Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- An approximate annual stipend of AUD30,000 to cover living expenses while in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical costs
- A once-off Establishment Allowance of AUD5,000 to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing the course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items, etc.)
- Scholars, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare allowing them to travel home, midway through the course. This is only available to scholars whose course is for two years or longer.
Short Course Awards
Entitlements include the following:
- The full costs of tuition fees for the duration of the course
- Mobilization travel from the home country to the course delivery location(s), and return to the home country Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- Visa expenses
- A modest per diem
- Medical insurance for the duration of the short course.
To be taken in(Country):
The Scholarship has made it easy for both students in Africa to participate without actually coming to Australia to write the exams. All scholarships are taken in African or Australian Universities.
Eligible Countries for the Australia Awards 2020:
Australia Awards Scholarships for African Students is one of the most trusted opportunities from Australia to the African continent. If your country appears on the list, Congratulation.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroun, Cape Verde, Comoros, Congo(Republic of), Djibouti, Egypt, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia etc
Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Mauritania, Niger, North Sudan, Republic of Guinea, South Sudan
Australia Awards Scholarships Requirements
- You must be at least 25 and not more than 50 years of age at the date of your application.
- You must have at least three (3) years’ relevant post-graduate work experience. This work experience must be in a role relevant to your proposed field of study and to your employment organization type (e.g. public sector applicants should demonstrate public sector work experience, and so on). Preference will be given to candidates with greater periods of experience.
- You possess, as a minimum, a Bachelors degree (or the equivalent) from a recognized Institution of at least 4 years in length with at least a 3rd Class Pass.
- Public sector candidates must comply with the Government of Nigeria regulations for government employees wishing to apply for scholarships.
- The public sector, the private sector, and civil society candidates must provide evidence of completion of the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) when they apply.
- You must not already hold, or be studying for, a Masters degree.
- You must be willing to make a formal commitment to return to your current employment following completion of the award.
- You must meet the general minimum eligibility criteria for Australia Awards Scholarships – refer to the Australia Awards Scholarships policy handbook.
Australian Award Application Form/Procedure:
The Scholarship is offered annually and the deadline for the scholarship is December and March of the academic year. Application deadline for Masters: The Scholarships opens every September 1st and December 1st.
FAQs on Australia Awards Scholarship
Please visit our website www.australiaawardsafrica.org. If you have a specific question that is not addressed on the website, contact Palladium. Palladium is the Managing Contractor engaged by the Australian Government for the administration and logistical management of the Australia Awards -Africa. Direct your queries to [email protected].
♦ What type of awards/scholarships does the Australia Awards program provide?
Currently, the Australia Awards program offers two types of Awards:
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Short Courses
For more information on the awards available, go to http://www.australiaawardsafrica.org/awards/types-of-awards/
♦ I need financial support towards my primary or secondary studies. Can I apply for a scholarship?
The Australian Government does not support primary or secondary studies under the Australia Awards program.
♦ Can I apply for a scholarship for a bachelors degree under Australia Awards?
Australia Awards Scholarships and Australia Awards Short Courses are offered to selected candidates to undertake postgraduate studies or training. Eligible candidates must already hold a bachelors degree.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.