Australia Awards Short Courses Scholarships 2020 for Africans to Study in Australia.
Australia Awards Short Courses Scholarships 2020 – Applications are currently invited from Africans for Australia Awards Short Courses Scholarships. Australia Awards Short Course is a training and professional development opportunity funded by the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. the application closing date is 6th December, 2019.
Short Courses offer opportunities for short-term post-graduate training delivered in Australia and/or in Africa for up to six weeks.
Short courses are available for professionals in specialised fields from eligible African countries. The short courses strengthen the professional capacity and leadership skills of participants, enabling them to contribute more effectively to development in their home countries.
For eligible mid-career professionals who receive a short course the following benefits will generally apply:
- Australian educational experience
- Fully paid tuition fees
- Fully paid economy class travel to and from their home country to the course delivery location(s)
- Fully paid visa expenses
- A contribution to living expenses for the duration of the course
- Fully paid accommodation for the duration of the course
- Fully paid medical insurance for the duration of the course
- Adjustment support for women and people with disabilities, if required
- The opportunity to develop and maintain global links with Australians and other Africans
- The opportunity to join a prestigious alumni network after the short course
- Continued professional development after completing the award.
Are you interested in applying for an Australia Awards Short Course? To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Citizens from the following countries are eligible to apply for Australia Awards Short Course:
- Botswana • Cameroon • Cote d’Ivoire • Ethiopia* • Ghana • Kenya • Madagascar • Malawi • Mauritius • Mozambique • Namibia • Nigeria • Rwanda* • Senegal • Somalia* • South Africa • South Sudan* • Tanzania • Uganda • Zambia • Zimbabwe
- Your minimum academic qualification is at least a four year bachelor’s degree or equivalent (as indicated in the relevant country’s requirements)
- You are a mid-career professional, currently employed in a relevant field and sector
- You meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements (as indicated in the relevant country’s requirements)
- You can demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge and skills you will gain, through the short course, will be used to drive policy reform and improve practice in your home country
- Your English proficiency is sufficient to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- You meet all the requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500), for short courses delivered in Australia
How to Apply
Selection for Australia Awards Short Courses is based on the assessment of the application, including the applicant’s personal statements, Reintegration Action Plan and supporting documentation.
Australia Awards Short Course applicants are not required to attend an interview as part of the selection process. However, applicants and their employers may be contacted by phone to verify claims made in the application, including questions regarding current employment status.
Australia Awards Short Courses are delivered by approved training providers, contracted to deliver the specific courses for which applicants are selected. It is not possible for these participants to nominate their preferred institution.
For more information about Australia Awards Scholarships CLICK HERE.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Australia Awards Short Courses Scholarships, Australia Awards Short Courses Scholarships Application Guide, Australia Awards Short Courses Scholarships Deadline, Australia Awards Short Courses Scholarships Portal | www.australiaawardsafrica.org