Bristol Short Story Prize for Young Writers 2019 and How to Apply
Bristol Short Story Prize 2019… You can Apply now for Bristol Short Story Prize 2019 for Young Writers. Deadline for submitting of entries for this program is 1st May 2019. See more details below;
Bristol Short Story Prize for Young Writers
We are pleased to make known to you that the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize , in association with Tangent Books, is open for entries. The competition is open to all writers around the world whether published or unpublished, UK or non-UK based.
20 stories will be shortlisted and published in Bristol Short Story Prize Anthology Volume 12. The winner and 2 runners up will be selected from the shortlist and announced at an awards ceremony which will be held in Bristol in October 2019.
Bristol Short Story Prize Eligibility.
- Entrants must be over 16 years old on the closing date, May 1st 2019.
- The maximum word limit is 4,000, there is no minimum;
- Stories may be on any theme or subject.
- The 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to all published and unpublished writers. There is no geographical restriction on entry- the 2019 Bristol Short Story Prize is open to everyone, whether they are based in the UK or outside the UK.
Bristol Short Story Prize Benefits.
- The 1st prize is £1,000, 2nd prize is £500, 3rd prize is £250;
- 17 further prizes of £100 will be presented to the remaining shortlisted writers;
- All shortlisted writers will receive 2 free copies of the anthology. Prizes will be sent to any writer on the shortlist who is unable to attend the awards ceremony.
- The winning story will also be published in Bristol 24/7 magazine.
- This year they are introducing The Sansom Award in recognition of the contribution to Bristol publishing of John and Angela Sansom at Redcliffe Press. A prize of £100 will be awarded to the highest placed story by a Bristol writer.
How to Enter Bristol Short Story Prize.
The maximum length of submissions is 4,000 words (does not include title), there is no minimum length. Stories can be on any theme or subject and are welcome in any style including graphic, verse or genre-based (Crime, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Children’s etc..) .
Entries can be made online or by post. All entries must be in English. Online entries should be submitted via the online entry facility, usually in Word document, pdf or equivalent. Postal entries will only be accepted as printed typescripts. There are no specific formatting requirements – font type, font size, line spacing etc. Writers may format their work in the way they feel is most appropriate – we do not specify any particular format for submissions. Please send postal entry/entries to: Bristol Short Story Prize, Unit 5.16, Paintworks, Bath Road Bristol BS4 3EH.
Closing date for receipt of entries is May 1st 2019 at midnight BST (‘midnight’ meaning the very last second of May 1st 2019).
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was interesting right, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.