Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for University Students.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship: This scholarship scheme is a unique one. It is provided by the Department of Higher Education. And it is under the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Also, it is an Indian government-sponsored scheme. It is inviting applications from class 12 passed students. However, students must be studying at college/university.
Additionally, it aims to support meritorious students. However, they must come from financially weaker sections. In this article, you shall learn more about this scheme. Also, you shall be guided on where/how to apply.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for University Students
The Scheme is in operational since 2008. And the objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance. However, this is to the meritorious students having a family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum.
Also, it is to help students meet a part of their day-to-day expenses. This is while pursuing higher studies. Annual target is 82000 financial assistance per year. 41000 is for boys and 41000 for girls. This has been divided amongst the State Education Boards.
The division is based on the State’s population in the age group of 18-25 years. Also, it is Rs. 10,000/- per annum for the first three years. And it is Rs. 20,000/- per annum for the fourth and fifth year.
Eligibility of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
To be eligible for this scholarship, please note.
- An applicant must be above the 80th percentile of successful candidates. And this is in the relevant stream in class 12. Or it can be in its equivalent of respective State examination boards.
- Also, an applicant must be pursuing a regular course. A course such as engineering. And this should be in an institution recognized by the AICTE, Dental Council of India (DCI), Medical Council of India (MCI), and other respective regulatory authorities.
- Also, the applicant must have an annual family income. And this should not be more than INR 8 Lakhs from all sources.
- Also, the applicant must not be in receipt of any other scholarship.
Note: Students pursuing degree courses through distance mode or correspondence and diploma courses are not eligible.
Benefits of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
The students selected for this scholarship are provided with financial support. However, it varies depending on their education level.
- A scholarship of INR 10,000 per annum will be provided. However, this is for the first three years. And it is at the graduation level.
- Also, an amount of INR 20,000 per annum will be provided. And this is at the post-graduation level.
- Additionally, INR 20,000 per annum will be provided. This is in the 4th and 5th years. And it is for 5-year professional courses.
Note: In the case of technical courses such as B.Tech and B.E., the selected candidates will receive a scholarship for up to graduation level.
Documents of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
Required documents are:
- Aadhaar Card. However, in case Aadhaar is not yet assigned, note. Alternatives like Aadhaar enrolment ID slip, voter ID card, driving license, PAN, passport, etc., can be used.
- Class 12th mark sheet.
- Income certificate
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through the following steps:
- Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration‘.
- Also, read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking, and ‘Continue‘.
- Additionally, select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender. And write the applicant’s name. Also, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Furthermore, provide the bank details. Here, provide Bank Name, IFSC Code, and Account Number.
- Again, select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail. And click on the ‘Register’ button.
- Finally, the mobile number will be verified. And an OTP will be generated. Now, log in using OTP. And fill the form. An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly. This is because no changes can be made once submitted.
Also, the applicants are advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form. However, Terms and conditions apply.
Selection Criteria of the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
Students will be selected based on the merit list. However, this is as per the state allocated quota. Also, the applications of the candidates will be verified at two distinctive levels, namely:
- By the Institute where the student is studying.
- Also, by the respective State Education Board.
- Students belonging to reserved categories/minorities/weaker sections are eligible for reservation on the basis of merit. However, this is subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking.
- Also, the applications of students who are not verified either by the Institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as ‘Invalid’.
- Furthermore, the total duration of the scholarship will not be exceeding 5 years.
- Also, 50% of the total scholarships are reserved for girl candidates.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.
Tags: Benefits of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship, Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship, Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for University Students, Documents of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship, Scholarship for University Students, Selection Criteria of the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship