East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship 2019-2020.
East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship 2019… East-West Center is inviting applicant to apply for Master’s/Doctoral degree scholarship for graduate students from Asia. The application deadline is 1 December.
The East-West Center’s student programs, carried out in cooperation with the University of Hawai‘i (UH), are designed to foster a shared sense of community and develop the leadership skills and regional literacy needed for regional cooperation and community building among nations.
Since it was established in 1960 by the U.S. Congress, the East-West Center has supported more than 8,000 students from Asia, the Pacific, the United States, and around the world. This fall, graduate students from over 40 countries, Hawai‘i, and from across the U.S. live in residence at the Center, where they learn, work, and live together, as well as extend helping hands to the local community.
Through cultural exchange, shared experiences, and collaborative preparation for future leadership roles throughout the region, the East-West Center experience creates lasting relationships and an active network of people committed to positive change.
Individuals who are citizens or permanent residents of the countries listed below may apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship:
- United States
- Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwan
Bachelor’s Degree and Grade Point Average
Before the start of the award, applicants for graduate programs must have obtained a 4-year bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited U.S. college or university, or from a recognized institution of higher learning abroad. Generally, an applicant must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) or the equivalent, in the last four semesters or six quarters of the undergraduate record and in all post-baccalaureate work.
HOW TO APPLY
East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowships support graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i (UH) in fields relevant to the goals and objectives of the East-West Center (EWC). Because degree fellows are involved in programs at the EWC, as well as in advanced degree work at UH, they have obligations to both institutions. This relationship between the EWC and UH is unique, and clarification is needed regarding the EWC application process.
If you are not already enrolled as a classified graduate student at UH Mānoa, you must apply to the university for the following fall semester by December 1. The University of Hawai‘i launches their online application system (https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/) on August 1 each year for admissions the following year. To ensure timely processing of your EWC application, supporting documents for both your UH admissions office and department applications must be completed by January 10, regardless of whether the UH departmental deadline falls after that date.
APPLICATION FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS
To download the application documents, click below:
- Application Handbook(pdf)
- Application Checklist(pdf)
- Diagram of the Application Process for EWC and UH(jpg)
- Academic Letter of Reference Form & Instructions(form-fillable Word doc)
- Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form & Instructions(form-fillable Word doc)
- Verification of Funds for Additional Expenses Form(form-fillable Word doc)
Scholarship Site: www.eastwestcenter.org/applyGDF
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.