Fulbright Scholarship for Nigerian Student 2019/29: Eligibility and Application Guide.
Fulbright Scholarship for Nigerian Student 2019… Are you an undergraduate from Nigeria, yearning for legit information on how to study abroad? If yes, this piece will guide you straight. Stay focus and read through.
Fulbright Scholarship for Nigerian
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is pleased to announce the annual call for applications for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the 2020/2021 academic year. Formerly referred to as the Fulbright Junior Staff Development Program and the Fulbright Visiting Student Program, the Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a research program funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA).
It offers young and exceptionally promising faculty members in select Nigerian universities the opportunity to conduct doctoral research at U.S. academic or research institutions for a period of 9-10 months (Grants are not renewable). The program supports inclusion and strongly encourages candidates with disabilities to apply as special accommodations are available. Also, ECA has provided previous grantees with a screen reader and note taking software, laptops, cell phones, canes, and/or wheelchairs to assist them while on their grant in the U.S.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program Objectives.
- To promote institutional linkages between U.S. and Nigerian universities and institutions.
- To expose Nigerian academics to the U.S. education system and standard research facilities for timely completion of their doctoral program.
- To promote teaching and research as well as manpower development for Nigeria’s higher institutions of learning.
- To expose grantees to leadership skills and voluntary service with a view to sensitizing them to imbibe these values when they return home.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program Eligibility.
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of Nigeria, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of Nigeria.
- Applicants must be doctoral students and have the endorsement of their home institution.
- Applicants must be at least two years into their doctoral program in any discipline.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must meet a minimum score of 100 in the internet based TOEFL test.
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home.
- Only applicants with strong proposals, outlining their research objectives, methodology, time-frame, and justification for conducting the research in the U.S. will be short-listed for interviews.
- Applicants in business, law and accounting should understand that most U.S. institutions rarely accept research students in these fields due to high demand for full-time programs and tuition concerns. As a consequence, we face great challenges in finding placements for such grantees unless their proposals are tilted toward economics, development-related areas, democracy, human rights and conflict resolution.
The Fulbright program takes the issue of academic dishonesty (plagiarism) very seriously and will disqualify applications that violate academic integrity.
How to Apply for Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
- Applications must be completed online at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2020 .
- Applicant should click on “create an account” to start a new application.
- They should also attach their supporting documents online (i.e. 3 academic and professional references, Curriculum Vitae, academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended and writing sample.) Applicants should select “Visiting Researcher” as their degree objective in their applications.
- Applicants are advised to read the instructions preceding the application carefully and seek the assistance of senior colleagues who are Fulbright alumni for guidance with the application process, if possible.
A complete application includes:
- An online application which includes:
- a clearly written research objective.
- a professional resume.
- Three letters of reference specifying the personal, academic and professional competence of the candidate (submitted electronically and attached to the online application).
- Student copy of academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended should be scanned and attached to the online application if available.
- TOEFL score report.Hard copies of official academic transcripts should be forwarded to our office by regular mail.
- Please address the envelope to the Fulbright Program Officer, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Consulate General, 2 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Applicants with specific questions not addressed by the online application instructions may e-mail them to [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> or [email protected]
- The Fulbright program is a popular program and the Public Affairs Office will only notify shortlisted candidates.
Application Deadline: 1st June, 2019.
We cherish your opinion and we look forward to it. Hence, if you need us to feed you with more updated information at the right time about Fulbright Scholarship 2019, kindly subscribe with your email address to our newsletter.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.