Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 and How to Apply
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2020 – Application are currently invited from suitably qualify candidate for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2020. The deadline of submission of application for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship is 31st October 2019.. See more details below;
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council. The Scholarship Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 18% over the past five years. Successful applicants who become scholars under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the quality of their ideas.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners, awards for bottom-up, non-directed research.
The programme provides outstanding students with the opportunity to direct their own research at the early-career stage, working with a supervisor, in their chosen area of interest.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Eligibility.
- Open to outstanding international scholars;
- The awards are made equally across the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM) and arts, humanities and social science (AHSS);
- Pioneering proposals addressing new and emerging fields of research or those introducing creative, innovative approaches are welcomed. Proposals of an interdisciplinary nature are also encouraged as it is recognised that advancing fundamental understanding is achieved by integrating information, techniques, tools and perspectives from two or more disciplines.
- Eligible Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and Research-Performing Organisations (RPOs):
- A recognised HEI in Ireland must be:
- A third-level institution within the meaning of Section One of the Higher Education Authority Act, 1971;
- And/or approved for the purposes of the Free Fees Initiative;
- And/or in receipt of public funding from the Department of Education and Skills for the purpose of higher education and research.
- An eligible RPO is one that possesses an existing in-house capacity to carry out research that materially extends and enhances the Irish research base and is in a position to demonstrate an independent capability to undertake and lead research projects/programmes, as approved by the Council.
- A recognised HEI in Ireland must be:
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Value.
The scholarship provides:
- A stipend of €16,000 per annum
- A contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- Eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
|Call open||5 September 2019|
|FAQ deadline||24 October 2019|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 31 October 2019|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 7 November 2019|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 14 November 2019|
|Call outcome||End of March 2020|
|Scholarship start date||1 September 2020|
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship.
Potential applicants should read the 2020 Terms and Conditions carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant, supervisor and referee forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.