$5,000 Great Unknowns Scholarship 2020/2021 Application Portal Updates.
Great Unknowns Scholarship 2020: This year, we chose to not use any celebrities in our Big Game commercial. Instead, we wanted to honor the great unknowns; this meant not only the hardworking people of America, but also young people who want to get a foothold in higher education.
We have committed to help support students during their college years, and although applications are now closed, they will be open again soon in 2020 for the next round of applicants.
The Great Unknowns Scholarship
Kia Motors America, Inc. (KMA) has established a scholarship program to assist students who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs.
Our goal is to discover and reward students who embody the spirit of “Give It Everything,” and help them pursue their academic dreams.
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance, and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or national origin.
Applicants to The Great Unknowns Scholarship must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior or graduate, or a current post secondary undergraduate.
- Be age 24 and under, as of the March 13, 2020,application deadline.
- Reside in the United States as a legal citizen.
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the United States for the entire upcoming 2020/21 academic year.
Selection Criteria for Finalists and Recipients
- Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Academic performance.
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities.
- Financial need. Financial need, as calculated by Scholarship America, must be demonstrated for the student to be considered for an award.
- Applicant Essay – “How I Give it Everything.” We want to know how you embody the spirit of Give it Everything in your life.
- A letter of recommendation from a person of standing within the community; for example, a pastor, employer, mayor, police officer, teacher, or other. The letter should address how the applicant embodies the spirit of Give it Everything as they pursue their goals.
From all submitted applications, Scholarship America will select 100 finalists based upon the first four criteria listed above; academic performance, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, and financial need.
From the 100 finalists, KMA will select 16 recipients based upon all selection criteria listed above.
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Unofficial or online transcripts must display student name, school name, and grades, credit hours for each course, and term in which each course was taken.
- A letter of recommendation from a person of standing within the community; for example, a pastor, employer, mayor, police officer, teacher, or other.
If you are selected as a recipient you will be required to submit the following in order to receive your award:
- Signed Code of Conduct Agreement
- Up to two minute video explaining how you “Give it Everything” and how the award will impact your future.
Your application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $5,000 award. Up to sixteen (16) awards will be granted.
Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study and adherence to a code of conduct that recipients will be asked to sign.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Email: [email protected]
Call: 1-507-931-8200 and ask for the The Great Unknowns Scholarship Program
For more information, please visit: https://www.thegreatunknowns.org/
Deadline: Not known yet.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.