Harvard University Scholarships 2020/2021 Nigerian Students Updates.
Harvard University Scholarships 2020: Do you want to study in the United States (U.S)? If yes, then you need one of the best Universities in America, which is Harvard University. The university is offering fully funded scholarships to international students for undergraduate and graduate studies at Harvard.
The purpose of the scholarships is to help international students to study in one of the best universities in the world and over the years, many international students that have received Harvard scholarships become very successful after graduation.
Harvard University was founded in 1636 in Massachusetts, USA. It is the oldest institute of higher learning in the U.S. and is associated with wealth, power, prestige, and high academic standards.
This university is part of the Ivy League, an association made of the most prestigious universities in the U.S. The other members of the Ivy League include Yale, Cornell, Princeton, Columbia, University of Pennsylvania, Dartmouth, and Brown.
This article will provide step by step guide for Nigerian students who wish to apply for Harvard University scholarships.
Requirements for Harvard University Scholarship
As a First Year Applicant
All first-year applicants both international and the United States candidates must complete the Common Application, Coalition Application, or Universal College Application, along with the needed requirements, which include:
1. Harvard College Questions for the Common Application, the Universal College Application Harvard supplement or Coalition Application
2. $75 fee (or request a fee waiver)
3. ACT or SAT (with or without writing)
4. 2 SAT Subject Tests (recommended, except in the case of economic hardship.)
5. Optional: AP or other examination results
6. School Report and high school transcript
7. Teacher Report (2)
8. Midyear School Report
9. Final School Report
As a Transfer Applicant
If you are a transfer applicant you must complete an application, along with the required documents and some special forms for transfers. This includes:
1. Transfer application from the Common Application, Universal Application or Coalition Application
2. Harvard College Questions as well as Writing Supplement for the Common Application
3. $75 fee or a fee waiver
4. ACT or SAT (with or without writing)
5. 2 SAT Subject Tests (recommended, except in the case of economic hardship.)
6. Optional: AP or other examination results
7. College/Dean’s/Registrar’s report
8. College Transcript
9. College Instructor Recommendation (2)
10. High School Transcript
As a Visiting Undergraduate Applicant
There is an exceptional application for Visiting Undergraduate Students from another institution that spends a semester or year studying at Harvard. The requirements include:
1. $75 application fee
2. TOEFL (if English is not your native dialect)
3. Optional: SAT or ACT(with or without writing)
4. Dean’s Letter of Permission
5. Faculty Recommendation (2)
6. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
7. Official high school transcript
8. Official university transcript
As a Master’s/Ph.D. Student
1. Online application form and application fee of $105
2. Uploaded transcripts to the online application
3. Three letters of recommendation
4. Statement of Purpose
5. GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
6. Demonstration of English Proficiency for international students (TOEFL of 80)
7. Writing sample where required
Harvard University Scholarship Application Process
They accept the Common Application, the Universal College Application, and the Coalition Application. Each is treated equally by the Admissions Committee. Complete and submit your materials as soon as possible to ensure full and timely consideration of your application.
If you use the Common Application, you must submit your application before your supporting materials (Secondary School Report, Teacher Reports, etc.) can be released to a college.
Until you submit your own application sections, no part of your application will be transmitted to the Harvard Admissions Office. The Universal College Application does not require this same process.
After you have sent your application, they will send you an acknowledgment of receipt within two weeks of receiving your application.
If you do not receive an acknowledgment after two weeks, contact them at www.colledge.harvard.edu/contact-us. Choose the category “Your Submitted Application,” then the subject “Confirm Receipt of Application” in the drop-down menu, or call 617-495-1551.
General Information and Further Enquiry
Primary mailing address
- Massachusetts Hall Cambridge, MA 02138
- Phone No.: +1 (617) 495-1000
Undergraduate Admissions and Financial Aid Information
- Harvard College 86 Brattle Street Cambridge, MA 02138
- Phone No.: +1 (617) 495-1551
- Fax No.: +1 (617) 495-8821
Undergraduate Financial Aid
- Phone No.: +1 (617) 495-1581
- Harvard University Public Affairs & Communications
- Phone No.: +1 (617) 495-1585
- Harvard University Police Department
- Phone No.: +1 (617) 495-1215 (non-emergency)
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.