HEC Commonwealth Scholarships in Pakistani 2020/2021 Student Update.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020: HEC Commonwealth Scholarships is open for Bs, Ms. Ph.D. Students. This scholarship is for All Academic Fields of Study. You don’t need to pay any Air Ticket Visa, Food, Accommodation & University Fee. The application is not online yet.
Level/Field of Study
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships is basically for masters degree students and Ph.D. students wishing to pursue a degree in the disciplines mentioned below at any University in the UK. The Disciplines include:
- Science and technologies to growth
- Strengthening health systems and ability
- Improving Worldwide wealth
- Strengthening International peace, governance, and security
- Strengthening durability and response crises
- accessibility, addition, and chance
Commonwealth Scholarship Programme is hosted by the United Kingdom (UK)
The available countries Eligible for Commonwealth scholarship are commonwealth countries
How Much is Hec Commonwealth Scholarships 2020?
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award is finally confirmed).
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month or £1,330, for those at universities in London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2019/2020 levels).
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable.
- Study travel grants towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or Overseas.
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location) was approved.
- Paid mid-term visit (airfare) to your home country (unless you have claimed or (intend to claim) spouse and/or child allowances during your scholarships, or have received a return airfare to your home country for fieldwork).
- Family allowances as follows:
- Spouse allowance of £233 per month if you and your spouse are living together at the same address in the UK (unless your spouse is also in receipt of a scholarship; other conditions also apply) Child allowance of £233 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your spouse and children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
- If you are widowed, divorced, or a single parent, child allowance of £465 per month for the first child, and £114 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if you are accompanied by your children and they are living with you at the same address in the UK.
The CSC’s family allowances are intended to be only a contribution towards the cost of maintaining your family in the UK. The true costs are likely to be considerably higher, and you must be able to supplement these allowances in order to support any family members who come to the UK with you.
Duration of the Program
The whole period of this scholarship program is valid for one year for Master and three years for Ph.D. beginning with Fall 2019.
HEC Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 Eligibility
The admission is available under Commonwealth scholarship in the UK for 2020. Standard eligibility conditions are as follows:
- Be described as a Pakistani/AJ&K domestic & permanent resident of Pakistan/AJ&K.
- Age shouldn’t be significantly more than 30 years for Masters and 35 years for Ph.D. during application.
- Be accessible to begin your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year at September/October 2020
- To Master Scholarship, the candidate at the final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect in graduate qualification (16 years degree i.e. MSC/MA/MBA/BS/BBA and so forth ) from the appropriate field of study.
- For Ph.D. Scholarship, candidate by the final date of application must hold a first-class degree complete in every aspect in postgraduate qualification (17/18 years MS/MPhil degree ) from the appropriate field of study.
- Not have any third division throughout your academic career and maximum of two-second divisions are allowed but the candidate must not have a second division in the terminal/ last degree.
- Must apply under one of the themes as mentioned above and on the CSC website and candidate’s field of study must be in line with future development needs of Pakistan.
- NOT be registered for a Ph.D., or an MPhil leading to a Ph.D., or Masters at a UK university before September/October 2020 or candidate not has studied at the same level in the UK before.
- Be financially unable to afford study in the United Kingdom without this scholarship.
How to Apply for HEC Commonwealth Scholarship?
- Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa. After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in a left-hand side panel of the online portal. After that, apply online to Commonwealth Scholarship through Electronic Application System (EAS). at:http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/phd-scholarships-low-middle-income-countries/
- Upload deposit slip of Rs.500/- (in original) deposited through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd.
- All the applications for Masters/ Ph.D. without submitting both EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained in any case.
- Save your HEC online application & Commonwealth online application after a successful submission to relevant portals.
- Hardcopies of HEC application form (along with deposit slip, relevant academic documents viz. transcripts, equivalence for a foreign degree, statement of purpose, study/research plan, copies of CNIC) & Commonwealth scholarship forms will be taken from shortlisted candidates only.
- HEC might conduct a test/interview or both if possible to shortlist candidates.
- Commonwealth UK will not accept direct applications. All of the nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC.
- HEC supports equal chance; for that reason, females are encouraged to apply.
- HEC will short-list eligible applicants based on selection criteria i.e. highest academic merit, quality of study/research plan, and significance of candidate selected field together with Pakistan’s future development needs, provincial/regional quota as well as the number of scholarship slots allocated to Pakistani students.
- By hand applications, incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline won’t be accepted. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC is likely to soon be binding and final.
- Please note that HEC has facilitation role in the nomination process, a final selection will be made by the donor country. Further, HEC will have no financial liability regarding this scholarship.
- In case of submitting false information at any stage, HEC reserves the rights to cancel and debar for all future scholarships as well as impose a penalty, as decided by HEC.
- It is the sole responsibility of applicants to ensure that they apply to HEC Online system and EAS Online application form simultaneously before the deadline of 12th December 2018, as applications submitted after the deadline shall NOT be entertained in any case.
Do not send your hard copies of applications at this stage. Deadline for submission of HEC online application is not known as application is yet to begin.
Application Link | Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal
Interested and qualified candidates for Hec Commonwealth Scholarships should click on the Commonwealth Scholarship Application Portal to apply CONTACT US
For further details relevant to Commonwealth Scholarships 2020 & applying online, please visit below-mentioned links:
- Masters: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form62/form_login.html
- Ph.D.: https://fs29.formsite.com/m3nCYq/form60/form_login.html
Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA) Scholarship Cell
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-8/1, Islamabad.
E-mail: [email protected]
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.