Korean Government Scholarships 2020/2021 Form Portal Updates
Korean Government Scholarships 2020: Are you an international student? Do you which to further your education in Korea? If yes,. please note. There is good news. This is for international students who intends to further their education. The Korean Government Scholarships 2020 (KGSP) is available. Also, it’s available to international students. This article shall give you the necessary information needed to grab this scholarship.
Also, in this article, you shall read about:
- Why you need to study in Korea.
- How Korean government scholarship is carried out.
- Benefits of Korean government scholarships 2020.
- Other Benefits for Undergraduates.
- Other Benefits for Graduates.
- Number of awardees of Korean government scholarships 2020.
- Requirements for Korean government scholarships 2020.
- Eligible countries for the Korean government scholarship 2020.
- How to apply for Korean government scholarship 2020.
Why You Need to Study in Korea
There are many reasons you should study in Korea. It’s important you know that Korea has about 250 national universities. Also, including public and private universities. And, they welcome both Korean and international students. Korea currently top the World’s Chart of the Best World Study Abroad Destination. Most of their scholarships are fully sponsored. And students’ visa requirements are very easy to meet up.
Also, graduate education in Korea holds a high reputation. Furthermore, Korean schools have notable research programs. Also, they have distinguished faculty. And state-of-the-art research facilities. Additionally, Korea charges all students the same tuition. Whether you’re Korean nationals or international students.
Also, many Korean universities provide assistance. This comes with employment for international students. Also, their scholarship provides international students great opportunities. Like: To conduct advanced studies in a higher education.
How Korean Government Scholarship is Carried out
The Korean government scholarship program (KGSP) is carried out through NIIED. NIIED is an executive agency. Also, it’s under the Ministry of Education.
And, it plays a leading role in strengthening national competitiveness. This is by developing international human resources among overseas Koreans. And exchanging students under national government scholarship programs. Also, by providing educational administrative services.
Benefits of Korean Government Scholarships 2020
Please take note of this information. The Korean Government Scholarships 2020 is a fully funded scholarships. Also, it takes care of student Airfare. And, it takes care of Tuition Fee. Also, Settlement Allowance and lots more. Some of the benefits of Korean Government Scholarships 2020 are:
|Resettlement Allowance||KRW 200,000|
|Living Allowance||Undergraduate: 800,000 Graduate: 900,000|
|Medical Insurance||KRW 20,000 (per month)|
|Language Courses||And KRW 800,000 per quarter|
|Tuition Fees||Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)|
|Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency||KRW 100,000|
|Research Support||Also, KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)|
|Printing Costs (Dissertation)||KRW 500,000 – 800,000|
|Completion Grant||And, KRW 100,00 (Once)|
Other Benefits for Undergraduates
Below are some other benefits of Korean Government Scholarships 2020:
Number of Awardees of Korean Government Scholarships 2020
The total number of Awardees worldwide is 870. This is for both Undergraduates, masters and Ph.D. Students.
Requirements for Korean Government Scholarships 2020
International students applying for the Korean Government Scholarships 2020 must meet the following requirements:
However, a former or current KGSP scholar who holds the overall grade of 90% or above can re-apply to this program once. This is either through the embassy or university track.
- China, Japan, Russia, Cambodia, Mongolia, and Vietnam.
- Also, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos and Malaysia.
- And, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Myanmar and Chinese Taipei.
- Furthermore, Uzbekistan, Turkey, USA, Ethiopia and Colombia.
- Also, Nepal, Senegal, Bangladesh and Ukraine.
- Additionally, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Morocco, Azerbaijan and El Salvador.
- And, Egypt, Tanzania, Germany, France and Dominica.
- Also, Chile, Iran, Canada and Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- And, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia and Singapore.
- Also, Pakistan, Gabon, Romania, Belarus and Bulgaria.
Other eligible countries for the Korean government scholarships 2020 are:
- Slovakia, United Kingdom, Czech, Guatemala and Ecuador.
- And Algeria, Yemen, Uganda, Belize, Honduras and Italy.
- Also, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Poland, Ghana and Georgia.
- And, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau and Nigeria.
- Also, Republic of South Africa, Netherlands and Nicaragua.
- Furthermore, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste and Rwanda.
- Also, Libya, Lithuania, Moldavia, Bahrain, Barbados and Bahamas.
- Also, Venezuela, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Brazil and Brunei.
- Additionally, Serbia, Seychelles, Sudan, Sweden and Slovenia.
- Also, Armenia, Argentina, Haïti, Ireland and Afghanistan.
- Furthermore, Angola, Oman, Austria, Uruguay, Iraq and Israel.
- And, Zambia, Cameroon, Qatar, Kenya and Costa Rica.
- Also, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Panama.
- Additionally, Paraguay and Papua New Guinea.
- And lastly, Peru, Fiji, Hungary, Australia and Jordan.
How to Apply for Korean Government Scholarship 2020
Applying for the Korean government scholarships 2020 is easy. You can apply for the scholarships through the Korean Embassy. This is in your home country. Or a participating Korean University.
However, please note. Submit all documents related to your scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in your country of residence. Submit to the domestic university concerned.
Meanwhile, note. The Korean Embassy or the domestic university will send proper candidates to NIIED. This is with the required documents. NIIED then evaluates potential candidates. And then notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
Below are some important FAQs:
1. Who Can Apply for the Korean Government Scholarships 2020?
International Undergraduate students under 25 years of age. And graduate students under 40 years of age. Also, those who are not citizens of South Korea.
2. How Many Students will be Awarded the KGSP Scholarship?
The Korean Government awards 870 international students this scholarship. And this is yearly. And, in the proportion of 170 undergraduates and 700 graduates.
3. Is GPA Required for the Korean Government Scholarship?
Yes. The Korea Government Scholarships 2020 requires a GPA. As such, you to have a GPA of above 80%. This is from the last educational institution you attended.
4. How Can I Apply for the Korean Government Scholarship?
To apply for the Korean Government Scholarship, note. You’ll need to get an application form from the Korean Embassy in your host country. Or, from a Korean University, or a Domestic University in your host country that can send you as their best candidate.
When you’re done filling the application form, please note. Submit it and all documents related to your application. You’re to submit to either the Korean Embassy in your country or the domestic university concerned.
The application starts September every year. This is for undergraduates. And February for graduates. Also, the Korean Embassies send list of recommended candidates from October to November yearly. This is for undergraduates. And March to April for graduate students.
The Results will be released during January of the new year of study. This is for Undergraduates. And June in the new year of study for graduate students. Finally, undergraduate students are expected to arrive in Korea by Late February. While Graduate Students are expected to arrive in Korea in late August.
In conclusion, please note. As an international student, this is a great opportunity. Do well to carry out more research on this. Also, you can share this post.
As such, you can share to your friends. You can share on your social media timeline. And you can share on various social media platforms. It might be of help to someone. Thank you.
Join Over 500,000+ Readers Online Now!
COPYRIGHT WARNING! Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [[email protected]] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.